Your success is our priority in the U of I College of Engineering. Academics are an essential part of a well-rounded engineering education, and so is early access to skill-based internships and employment opportunities, clubs and organizations, and other financial and extra-curricular needs.
Visit the Micron Student Center
The Micron Student Center brings together student support staff, along with advising, career services, tutoring and other support into one central location. Services we offer in-person and remotely include:
- Academic Advising
- Career Services, Advising & Employment
- Diversity, Inclusion and Professional Skills
- Financial aid resources
- Early access to internships and paid, skill-based industry employment and other hands-on experiences
- Mentorship and outreach through the Engineering Ambassadors program
- Study/Meeting space in the John C. Wahl thinkTANK
- Connection to engineering clubs and organizations
- Academic Petitions
- Probation & Disqualification
Visit us 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday through Friday in the Janssen Engineering Building, Room 125.
Counseling & Testing Center
Offering a wide range of inclusive and respectful counseling services and resources.
Student support is available Mon-Fri 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Ask an Engineering Ambassador
Find out what college is really like from a current engineering student.