Of Kambitsch Farm’s 220 acres, 180 acres are usable for field plot research and 15 acres are used as pasture for livestock. None of the land is irrigated. Seventy acres are dedicated to no-till/minimum-till production and studies.
- Pesticide storage, mixing and loading facility
- 3,000-square-foot shop building
- 6,000-square-foot equipment storage building
- Field-scale tillage, seeding, spraying and harvesting equipment is available on site. Most plot-size equipment is transported as needed from Parker Farm.
- Automated weather station
Research and Extension topics include:
- Pest management
- Crop production
- Plant breeding and genetics
- Soil microbiology and ecology
Short (one growing season or less) and long-term (several growing seasons) research is conducted at Kambitsch Farm.
Kambitsch Farm is located about 14 miles south of Moscow and 2.5 miles north of Genesee, adjacent to and west of Highway 95. The main entrance to the farm is midway between the intersection of Kluss Road and Highway 95 (north boundary) and Borgen Road and Highway 95 (south boundary).
Contact Roy Patten at firstname.lastname@example.org for tours and more information.