University Distinguished Professor
Ph.D., Cornell University
M.S., Cornell University
B.S., Cornell University
- Climate change and agriculture — Integrated research, education and outreach concerning effects of changing climates on wheat production systems in the Northwest
- Chemical ecology of Arthropod borne infectious agents — Deciphering the mechanisms through which pathogens affect hosts and vectors, with implications for disease dynamics, integrated disease management, and evolution of pathogens, vectors and hosts
- Chemical ecology of insects, plant–insect interactions, chemical and structural plant attributes affecting plant–insect and tritrophic interactions, insect behavior, and plant surface waxes, with expertise in extraction and analysis of chemicals from plant tissues, scanning electron microscopy, host plant resistance and integration of host plant resistance into pest management (chemical ecology)
- Davis, T.S., Y. Wu, and S.D. Eigenbrode. 2017. The effects of Bean leafroll virus on life history traits and host selection behavior of specialized pea aphid (Acyrthosiphon pisum, Hemiptera: Aphididae) genotypes. Environ. Entomol. in press.
- Parker, J.E., D.W. Crowder, S.D. Eigenbrode, and W.E. Snyder. 2016. Trap crop diversity enhances crop yield Agric., Ecosyst. Environ. 232: 254 - 262
- Merickel, J.W., B. Shafii, S.D. Eigenbrode, C.J. Williams, and W.J. Price. 2016. Modeling the occurrence of four cereal crop aphid species in Idaho. Pages 1-38 in Applied Statistics in Agriculture, Kansas State University, Manhattan, Kansas (refereed conference proceedings)
- Eigenbrode, S.D., T. S. Davis, J. R. Adams, D. Husebye, L. P. Waits, and D. Hawthorne. 2016. Host-adapted aphid populations differ in their migratory patterns and capacity to colonize crops. Journal of Applied Ecology doi: 10.1111/1365-2664.12693
- Bosque-Pérez, N.A., P.Z. Klos, J.E. Force, L.P. Waits, K. Cleary, P. Rhoades, S.M. Galbraith, A.L.B. Brymer, M. O’Rourke, S.D. Eigenbrode, B. Finegan, J.D. Wulfhorst, N. Sibelet, and J.D. Holbrook. 2016. A pedagogical model for team-based, problem-focused interdisciplinary doctoral education. Bioscience.
- Mondal, S., E.J. Wenninger, P.J.S. Hutchinson, J.L. Whitworth, D. Shrestha, S.D. Eigenbrode, and N.A. Bosque-Pérez. 2016. Comparison of transmission efficiency of different isolates of Potato virus Y among three aphid vectors. Entomologia Experimentalis et Applicata accepted.
- Sadeghi, S.E., J. Bjur, L. Ingwell, L. Unger, N.A. Bosque-Pérez, and S.D. Eigenbrode. 2016. Interactions between Metopolophium festucae (Theobald) subspec. cerealium (Hom. Aphididae) and Barley yellow dwarf virus. Journal of Insect Science. 16: 1-6.
- Davis, T. S., N.A. Bosque-Pérez, I. Popova, and S.D. Eigenbrode. 2015. Evidence for additive effects of virus infection and water availability on phytohormone induction in a staple crop. Frontiers in Ecology and the Environment 114.
- Eigenbrode, S.D., A.N.E. Birch, R. Meadow, W.E. Snyder. 2015. Expanding push-pull theory: A conceptual framework for targeting future agro-ecosystems research. Journal of Applied Ecology, DOI: 10.1111/1365-2664.12556.
- Davis, T.S., N. A. Bosque-Pérez, N.E. Foote, T. Magney, and S.D. Eigenbrode. 2015. Environmentally dependent host–pathogen and vector–pathogen interactions in the barley yellow dwarf virus pathosystem. Journal of Applied Ecology: doi: 10.1111/1365-2664.12484.
- Wright-Morton, L., S.D. Eigenbrode, T.A. Martin. 2015. The architecture of adaptive integration for transdisciplinary projects, Ecology and Society, 20(4):5. http://dx.doi.org/10.5751/ES-07788-200405.
- Wu, Y., T.S. Davis, and S.D. Eigenbrode. 2014. Phytovirus infection mediates host selection behavior and fecundity of the insect vector Acyrthosiphon pisum. Entomologia Experimentalis et Applicata 153:246–255.
- Eigenbrode, S.D., T.S. Davis, D.W. Crowder. 2015. Climate change and biological control in agricultural systems: Principles and examples from North America, in (ed) Bjorkman, C., P. Niemela, Climate change and insect pests, CABI. pp. 119-135.
- Rajabaskar, D. & H. Ding & Y. Wu & S. D. Eigenbrode 2013. Behavioral Responses of Green Peach Aphid, Myzus persicae (Sulzer), to the Volatile Organic Compound Emissions from Four Potato Varieties Am. J. Potato Res. DOI 10.1007/s12230-012-9282-z
- Williams, C., Crowley, S., Eigenbrode, S. D., O’Rourke, M. 2013. Using bibliometrics to support the facilitation of cross-disciplinary communication. Journal of the American Society of Information Science and Technology. In press
- Hansson, D., M.J. Morra, V. Borek, and S. D. Eigenbrode. 2013. Green peach aphid [Myzus persicae (Sulzer) (Hemiptera: Aphididae)] control using Brassicaceae ethyl-ester oil sprays. Journal of Applied Entomology, accepted, expected in 2013
- Szucs, M., S. D. Eigenbrode, M. Schwarzlander, and U. Schaffner. 2012. Hybrid vigor in the biological control agent, Longitarsus jacobaeae. Evolutionary Applications 5:489-497.
- Looney, C.N., S. D. Eigenbrode. 2012. Characteristics and distribution of Palouse prairie remnants: Implications for conservation planning. Natural Areas Journal. 32:75-85.
- Mauck, K., N. Bosque-Pérez, S. D. Eigenbrode, C. De Moraes, M. Mescher. 2012. Transmission mechanisms shape pathogen effects on host–vector interactions: evidence from plant viruses. Functional Ecology. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2435.2012.02026.x
- Ingwell, L. L., Eigenbrode, S. D. & Bosque-Perez, N. A. 2012 Plant viruses alter insect behavior to enhance their spread. Sci. Rep. doi: http://www.nature.com/srep/2012/120815/srep00578/abs/srep00578.html#supplementary-information (2012).
- Northfield, T., W. E. Snyder, G. B. Snyder and S. D. Eigenbrode. 2012. A simple plant mutation abets a predator-diversity cascade. Ecology. 93:411-420.
- Elbakidze, L. L. Liang, and S. D. Eigenbrode. 2011. Evaluating vector-virus-yield interactions for peas and lentils under climatic variability: a limited dependent variable analysis. Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics. 36:504-520.
- Vemulapati, B., Druffel, K.L., S. D. Eigenbrode, A. Karasev, and H. R. Pappu. 2011. Genomic characterization of pea enation mosaic virus-2 from the Pacific Northwestern USA. Archives of Virology. On line DOI 10.1007/s00705-011-1074-0
- Jean'ne M. Shreeve NSF EPSCoR Research Excellence Award, 2016
- Elected as Fellow of the Entomological Society of America, 2016
- Appointed University Distinguished Professor, University of Idaho, 2013
- Invited Lecturer for the University of Idaho Department of Physics Award Banquet – topic: Insect Science and Integration, 2011
- University of Idaho 2011 Award for Excellence in Interdisciplinary or Collaborative Efforts (shared with 5 other UI faculty members who have been instrumental in our successes with NSF-IGERT)
- University of Idaho 2011 Award for Excellence in Research or Creative Activity
- PSES Department Outstanding Teaching and Advising Award, 2011 (also nominated for college level award)
- Nominated for the C.P Woodworth Award for Outstanding Service to Entomology in the Pacific Region, 2010
- Richard C. Heimsch, Gamma Sigma Delta Outstanding Researcher Award, 2009