College courses offered through ISI are approved by the curriculum committee of the cooperating institution sponsoring the course. Most colleges and universities, including the University of Idaho, have transfer credit limitations.
University of Idaho (U of I) students
- If you are working toward a degree, approval from your academic advisor is required per B-4 to take an ISI course. Download the Course Approval form on the Forms page.
- U of I-sponsored ISI courses are calculated into a U of I student’s grade point average (GPA) per E-4.
- U of I-sponsored ISI courses may be used to repeat a previously completed U of I course per E-5-b.
- U of I-sponsored ISI upper-division courses do count toward the 30 upper-division credits residency requirement per J-2.
- U of I-sponsored ISI courses are recorded separately on the U of I transcript in the semester of enrollment along with the course completion date.
ISI staff recommend that students at all institutions contact their registrar, college department, and adviser to obtain signature approval that ISI credits will be computed into their degree and GPA before enrolling.
- Credit hours are semester hours
- The letter-grade scale is A through F except for Engl 101, which is graded P (pass) or F (fail)
- Courses are approved by the curriculum committee of the cooperating institution sponsoring the course
- 100-299: lower-division, introductory-level college courses
- 300-499: upper-division courses for advanced undergraduates
- 500-699: graduate-level courses for graduate students or students with special permission to register