Advanced Opportunities (AO) program provides $75/credit per course (e.g., $225 for a 3-credit course) to qualified Idaho high school students to offset a portion of the cost of ISI courses. The AO program does not pay the full cost of an ISI course. Credits earned for AO dual credit courses are recorded on the student's high school and college transcripts. Meet with your high school counselor to develop a personalized learning plan and review AO registration dates before registering. See the Idaho State Department of Education Advanced Opportunities for program information.
Steps for Enrolling and Using AO Funds
- Choose a class and view the syllabus for prerequisites and textbook information.
- Create an Advanced Opportunities Account within the AO Portal. Internet Explorer and Chrome work best with the AO Portal. You may need to clear your browser's cache for the portal to work correctly.
- Under Funding Requests in the AO Portal, use the drop-down list for selecting a Course Provider, and choose Independent Study in Idaho.
- You can register for an ISI course at any time. Payment in full is required at registration and is accepted by check, money order, VISA, MasterCard or debit card.
- Submit ISI's Advanced Opportunities form with the required signatures. (If you have already paid online, you may ignore the payment information section of this form.)
- ISI will review and finalize your registration and send you a Registration Confirmation Email within three business days of registration, which will include your student Vandal Number and information on how to access your online course.
Dropping a Course using the AO Funding
Speak with your school counselor and parent/guardian before dropping a course. To drop a class, your counselor will email ISI at email@example.com with the following information.
- Student name
- V number
- Reason for dropping