About Independent Study in Idaho
Independent Study in Idaho (ISI) was created in 1973 by the Idaho State Board of Education as a cooperative of regionally accredited Idaho institutions led by the University of Idaho. Other participating members include Boise State University, Lewis-Clark State College, and Idaho State University.
Students use ISI courses to complete their studies and prepare for successful careers by beginning college programs early, graduating on time, resolving on-campus scheduling conflicts, satisfying prerequisites or pursuing professional development or personal enrichment.
The ISI office is on the University of Idaho Moscow campus. Contact us today.
Open enrollment. Register anytime. Start anytime.
- Start working on your course as soon as you are enrolled.
- Courses delivered online through the Canvas Course Management System.
- Work at your own pace within limits set by the course instructor on the number of assignments that can be submitted per week.
- Complete in one year or less. Plan for a minimum of three months to complete most ISI courses.
- Idaho residency is not required. Admission to cooperating institutions is not required.
- Same in-state and out-of-state fees.
- Over 100 courses in more than 25 subject areas.
- ISI does not offer degrees; however, credits earned upon course completion transfer to most colleges and universities.
- Courses designed for students who work well independently with limited interaction with instructors.