University of Idaho - I Banner
students walk on University of Idaho campus

Visit U of I

Learn about the many reasons the University of Idaho could be a perfect fit for you. Schedule Your Visit

campus full of students

U of I Retirees Association

UIRA has a membership of nearly 500 from every part of the University. Learn about UIRA

State Authorization and Regulatory Compliance

The State of Idaho is a member of the National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements (NC-SARA) and the University of Idaho is one of the approved SARA institutions in Idaho. As such, we adhere to an established common set of standards for offering post-secondary distance education among member states, districts and territories. Participation in SARA is intended to make it easier for students to take online courses offered by postsecondary institutions based in another state.

The University of Idaho also works directly with states that are not NC-SARA members to ensure that when authorization or licensure is necessary, required approvals are secured. While we monitor the laws in each state, authorization of distance education is a dynamic environment and prospective students should check this site often for updates.

It is the student’s responsibility to understand current circumstances or special requirements in their state of residence.

U of I Authorization Status

SARA States & Institutions

Appeals Resolution Process

The University of Idaho strives to provide the highest quality educational opportunities available. However, if a conflict does arise, our efforts are meant to resolve your grievances, complaints, and concerns in an expeditious, fair, and amicable manner.

Appeals to the Institution

Students with concerns, complaints, and/or petitions have access to processes to resolve their concern(s). The university encourages informal resolution as a first step, working with faculty, programs, colleges and similar structures, depending on the nature of the concern. Academic appeals are heard in one of the following committees: Academic Petitions committee, Academic Hearing Board, and Administrative Hearing Board described in the General Requirements and Academic Procedures section of the U of I Catalog.

Locate the primary contact for your college by going to College Contacts. Several appeals processes require forms, which can be downloaded from the Office of the Registrar Forms page.

Additional appeals processes

Appeals at the State Level

If an issue cannot be resolved by the University of Idaho’s internal processes, you may choose to file an appeal with the Idaho State Board of Education or with the agency in your state of residence. Please use the following to locate your state’s contact agency:

Professional Licensure Information

If you are not a resident of Idaho and you are taking an online course or program leading to professional licensure, U of I cannot confirm whether the course or program meets your state’s professional licensure requirements. Please verify with the appropriate licensing board in the state you intend to practice.

Contact Information

Profession National Body Website
Athletic Training Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education CAATE
Education/Teacher Certification
U.S. Department of Education NASDTEC and CAEP
Certification requirements in Idaho can be found at SDE

Physical Address:
875 Perimeter Dr. MS 3099
Moscow, ID 83844-3099

Mailing Address:
875 Perimeter Dr. MS 3099
Moscow, ID 83844-3099

Phone: 208-885-4132