Vandal Gaming Convention Registration
It's free! Attend the largest community gaming event at University of Idaho and on the Palouse.
Vandal Gaming Convention (VGC) is open to current U of I students, high school students, U of I employees, teens, community members, families and the general public of all ages. Come for one specific activity or session or spend the entire day and evening! Entry is free but registration is required (prior to, or at the door of the event.)
Please be aware the event is geared toward young adults. If children are brought to the event, they are welcome but event organizers ask that they be supervised. Childcare is not provided at the event.
Information for Attendees
Registration is free. There are no costs involved. Participants can register at the door or pre-register. Please pre-register when possible.
- When registering, you will be asked for your name and email address. Event organizers will use the information for these purposes only: accurate food count, a pre-event reminder notification and to send a post-event survey.
- A wristband (or other identifier) will be given to each attendee, which may be required as a voucher for free food.
Tour the University of Idaho Moscow campus! Find out what it means to be a Vandal. Several days/times are available. Learn more.
- No alcohol is allowed.
- For special dietary or medical needs, please contact event organizers at email@example.com or call 208-885-8648
- Participants can leave the event and return later as long as the event wristband is retained.
- Any participant behaving inappropriately will be asked to leave.
- Children under 13 should be accompanied by an adult.
- Free food and drink is available while supplies last.
- Event photographs will be taken and posted to a public website at a later date. If you prefer to not be photographed, please let event photographers know.
- To cancel a pre-registration reservation, please contact event organizers at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 208-885-8648. Thank you.
- Please feel free to bring your own gaming systems (not required). Event organizers will have a special network set-up.
- Backpacks are okay. However, the University of Idaho is not responsible for the loss of any personal property during the event. Please keep your property secured.
- There is no dress code for the event.
- Money to purchase food or drink if needed.
Free snacks will be provided – while supplies last. Check the event schedule for details.
- Snacks are purchased from Vandals Dining, the University of Idaho's dining servicer.
- Participants who need different food or additional food outside the scheduled meal time have the option of bringing their own food.
- Event food provided is not labeled for allergies.
- Please place trash in designated containers.
- Alcohol is not allowed at Vandal Gaming Con.
Weekend visitors park free in gold, red, blue, purple and silver lots in all regular spaces. Do not park in marked special-use spaces such as delivery, handicapped or facilities spaces.
If you are being dropped off and picked up, come to the Bruce M. Pitman Center at the University of Idaho.
- A Vandal Gaming Con booth is staffed during the event. If you need help at the event, please ask anyone wearing a volunteer lanyard to assist.
- If you are not at the event and need to reach the VGC staff during the event, email email@example.com or call 208-885-8648.
- In an emergency, call 911. For non-emergencies, you can contact U of I Campus Security at 208-885-7054.
Volunteers make Vandal Gaming Con happen. Interested in being a volunteer? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 208-885-8648 to volunteer in our upcoming event. If you are interested in volunteering in a future event please go to our Email page and make sure to indicate your interest.
Before Vandal Gaming Con can really get going, we have to get all the equipment set up and the rooms laid out how we want.
Time frame: Friday morning, Friday afternoon
Assist Vandal Gaming Con staff at registration tables:
- Help record attendees' email addresses
- Make sure everyone that attends can get their free food
- Assist attendees with moving their devices around, as needed
Both during and after the event, we'll need all the help we can to clean up!
Walk around and make sure the event floor and tables don't get covered in empty food plates and cups.
Time frame: Saturday 1 p.m. to midnight.
Help to pack everything up at the end of the event.
Time frame: Sunday 10 a.m. to noon.