University of Idaho Summer Camp to Return
May 20, 2022
MOSCOW, Idaho — May 20, 2022 — University of Idaho’s Lionel Hampton Music Camp returns to in-person instruction June 19-25.
Presented by the Lionel Hampton School of Music, the program for high school students features classical, jazz and musical theater instruction by music faculty. Instructors will inspire students as they perform in a variety of ensembles while exploring music-related topics in a summer camp environment.
The camp features:
- Specialized instruction for brass, woodwinds, percussion, strings, piano and voice.
- One-on-one study and group classes with U of I faculty members.
- Daily rehearsals and performances in large ensembles such as choirs, orchestras, jazz ensembles and concert bands.
- Coached chamber ensembles for all participants.
- Housing and meals in the residence halls.
- Evening recitals open to the public featuring faculty and students.
- Evening activities including a scavenger hunt, movies and video game competitions.
Registration closes June 13. Overnight and commuter options are available. The $375 tuition includes lunch and dinner. Overnight students pay an additional $275, which covers breakfast and six nights in one of our residence halls. Discounts are available for early registration and for students who have participated in honors band or choir.
View the full camp schedule and register online at: uidaho.edu/lhmc. For more information about other upcoming events at the Lionel Hampton School of Music, visit uidaho.edu/class/music.
Department of Theatre Arts & Lionel Hampton School of Music
About the University of Idaho
The University of Idaho, home of the Vandals, is Idaho’s land-grant, national research university. From its residential campus in Moscow, U of I serves the state of Idaho through educational centers in Boise, Coeur d’Alene and Idaho Falls, nine research and Extension centers, plus Extension offices in 42 counties. Home to nearly 11,000 students statewide, U of I is a leader in student-centered learning and excels at interdisciplinary research, service to businesses and communities, and in advancing diversity, citizenship and global outreach. U of I competes in the Big Sky and Western Athletic conferences. Learn more at uidaho.edu