Top 10 Favorite Holiday Albums and Playlists Named by Lionel Hampton School of Music Faculty
December 20, 2021
MOSCOW, Idaho — Dec. 20, 2021 — Whether you’re dreaming of a “White Christmas” or waiting for grandma to get run over by a reindeer, Christmas songs are plentiful and varied. But who better to bring together a list of cheer-inducing holiday melodies than the faculty of the Lionel Hampton School of Music at the University of Idaho?
Enjoy this Top Ten list of favorite holiday albums and playlists.
- Ruby Fulton, composer: "A Christmas Gift for You From Phil Spector"
- Leonard Garrison, flutist: "To Wish You a Merry Christmas," Harry Belafonte
- Kate Skinner, jazz pianist: "The Season," Jane Monheit
- Vern Sielert, trumpeter: "A Charlie Brown Christmas," Vince Guaraldi Trio
- Eneida Larti, pianist: Christmas with Nat, Dean and Bing
- Dan Bukvich, percussionist: "A Christmas Together," John Denver and The Muppets
- Miranda Wilson, cellist: "Angel’s Christmas," The Bulgarian Voices Angelite
- Chris Pfund, vocalist: "A Carnegie Hall Christmas Concert," Kathleen Battle, Wynton Marsalis and Frederica von Stade with the Orchestra of St. Luke’s
- Mark Thiele, tubaist: "The Christmas Song," Nat King Cole
- Vanessa Sielert, saxophonist: Esquivel Christmas, Merry Xmas From the Space-Age Bachelor Pad
Senior Director of Communications
About the University of Idaho
The University of Idaho, home of the Vandals, is Idaho’s land-grant, national research university. From its residential campus in Moscow, U of I serves the state of Idaho through educational centers in Boise, Coeur d’Alene and Idaho Falls, nine research and Extension centers, plus Extension offices in 42 counties. Home to nearly 11,000 students statewide, U of I is a leader in student-centered learning and excels at interdisciplinary research, service to businesses and communities, and in advancing diversity, citizenship and global outreach. U of I competes in the Big Sky and Western Athletic conferences. Learn more at uidaho.edu