Register for New Leadership Development Program
September 08, 2022
Reserve a seat by Tuesday, Sept. 20, for Employee Development and Learning’s in-person intensive cohort-based leadership training. Leading Others combines self-reflection, e-learning, live facilitation, experiential learning and cohort and small group work.
The training explores how to motivate others, manage risk and develop effective teams to meet U of I’s mission and goals. You will learn to communicate better, manage conflict and help those you supervise to navigate change effectively. This intensive course requires approximately four hours per week. Sessions are cumulative and participation in all sessions is required to receive a Certificate of Completion. The Fall 2022 cohort is limited to 15 participants.
- Course prework will be emailed the week of Sept. 26
- Introduction, Your Role as a Leader and Communication Styles: 8:30 a.m. to 11:30 p.m. Oct. 11
- Connecting Values and Building Trust: 8:30 a.m. to 11:30 p.m. Oct. 18
- Powerful Communication Practices and Coaching as a Leader: 8:30 a.m. to 11:30 p.m. Oct. 25
- Giving and Receiving Feedback and Addressing Conflict: 8:30 a.m. to 11:30 p.m. Nov. 1
- Leadership Challenge and Practicum: 8:30 a.m. to 11:30 p.m. Nov. 8
- A post-course assessment will be emailed the week of Nov. 28
Send questions to Elissa Keim, director of employee development and workforce diversity, firstname.lastname@example.org or 208-885-2322.
About the University of Idaho
The University of Idaho, home of the Vandals, is Idaho’s land-grant, national research university. From its residential campus in Moscow, U of I serves the state of Idaho through educational centers in Boise, Coeur d’Alene and Idaho Falls, nine research and Extension centers, plus Extension offices in 42 counties. Home to nearly 11,000 students statewide, U of I is a leader in student-centered learning and excels at interdisciplinary research, service to businesses and communities, and in advancing diversity, citizenship and global outreach. U of I competes in the Big Sky and Western Athletic conferences. Learn more at uidaho.edu