Be the First – Business College Hosts the Inaugural Idaho Women in Business Summit
March 10, 2023
Hosted by the College of Business and Economics (CBE) and open to all, the Idaho Women in Business Summit (IWIB Summit) represents CBE’s commitment to nurture a collaborative environment and foster a culture that values diversity, inclusion, safety and engagement to enhance the learning experience.
Opening with a networking night in the J.A. Albertson building atrium, IWIB Summit participants, including students, faculty and business leaders, took the opportunity to meet one another over drinks and hors d'oeuvres.
Maddie’s Fund’s Community Strategist, Charlotte Otero, ’10, began the IWIB Summit’s main event, hosted at the Best Western Plus University Inn, with her keynote address, Community First. The event’s breakout guest speakers included U of I alum:
- Mario Pile, Director of the Black and African American Center at U of I – Value of Women in the Business Space
- Amy Lientz, ’92, Assistant VP of Alumni Relations at U of I – Project Management: A Superpower that Takes You Far
- Kaarin Von Bargen, ’20, Global Business and People Partner at Micron – Building Relationships and Trust as an Entry-level Female
- Reagan Quigley, ‘16, Director of Apparel and Materials Costing at Nike – Career Mapping to Gain Confidence in Your Ability to Lead for the Future
- Michelle Williams, ’15, Internship Development Officer at Northwestern Mutual – Embrace the Ping Pong Ball
- Andrea Walker Warren, ’07, Global Work and Life Benefit Manager at Microsoft – Global Work Life.
Warren also received the Trailblazer Award, recognizing an outstanding alum who has demonstrated the ability to lift others in their rise to business excellence. Elizabeth Bullers, CBE Director of Outreach, received the Idaho Gem Award, recognizing a university employee whose work goes “above and beyond” performance.
Thank you to our donors, the event planning team and the IWIB Summit’s student organization and founding leadership team, including:
- President: Isabella Tamura, bachelor of science, business marketing
- Vice President Savanna Pagel: bachelor of science, business management and human resources
- Secretary: Lian Koeppel, bachelor of science, business management and human resources
- Membership Chair: Natalie Van Stone, bachelor of science, business management and human resources
Save the Date: Be Inspired at the second annual IWIB Summit February 29 and March 1, 2024.
About the University of Idaho
The University of Idaho, home of the Vandals, is Idaho’s land-grant, national research university. From its residential campus in Moscow, U of I serves the state of Idaho through educational centers in Boise, Coeur d’Alene and Idaho Falls, nine research and Extension centers, plus Extension offices in 42 counties. Home to nearly 11,000 students statewide, U of I is a leader in student-centered learning and excels at interdisciplinary research, service to businesses and communities, and in advancing diversity, citizenship and global outreach. U of I competes in the Big Sky and Western Athletic conferences. Learn more at uidaho.edu.