Gooding & Camas counties
University of Idaho Extension, Camas County
PO Box 131
Fairfield, ID 83327
Youth development and livestock Extension educator working with Gooding and Camas counties outreaching to schools, youth and adult organizations focusing on STEM, livestock, horse, leadership/workforce skills and higher education topics.
- M.S., University of Idaho, 1999
- B.S., University of Idaho, 1997
- A.A., College of Southern Idaho, 1995
- Zoom into 4-H; central district bringing 4-H to local families
- Youth Beef Education Day links livestock production, food quality and safety
- 2017 Idaho Young Cattle Producer Conference
- Youth demonstrate knowledge of animal science at statewide Livestock Skill-a-thon
- 4-H Shooting Sports camp — ethics, tracking and orienteering, oh my!
Cindy is a 4-H Youth Extension educator with the University of Idaho responsible for educational activities for Gooding and Camas County programs along with delivering programming in an eight county area. Cindy focuses on livestock management skill-a-thons and animal evaluation along with animal science day camps.
- 2016 NAE4-HA Excellence in Educational Technology, State Winner and Western Region Winner for Scholarship Workday. S. Dolecheck, D.R. Gillespie, C. Kinder, S. Nash and Silkwood, G.
- 2015 National Epsilon Sigma Phi Organization (ESP) Distinguished Team Award, state winner and regional winner. Scholarship Workday-Enabling Idaho Youth to Go On. Silkwood, G., S. Dolecheck, D.R. Gillespie, C. Kinder, S. Nash and C. Stark.
- 2012 NACAA Communications Award; Published Photo and Caption; National Winner
- 2008 NEAFCS Program Excellence Through Research Award; National & Regional Winner. NEAFCS Program Excellence through Research Award for “Extension teaches home-based strategies of emergent literacy to Idaho families,” team award with L. Dye, C. Hampton, S. Traver, K. Tifft, B. Abo, V. Steele, C. Kinder, D. Demarest and J. Hardin, presented at Galaxy III, Indianapolis, IN, September 18, 2008, National and Western Regional awards.