U and I Together
Join University of Idaho Extension for a series of fun, virtual activities for all ages. Learn about healthy snacks, outdoor activities, art, science and more.
Every Tuesday | Oct. 4-Nov. 22 | 3 p.m. PT/4 p.m. MT
Oct. 4 — The Journey of Milk: From Cow to Butter
- See how easy it is to make butter at home and learn how milk gets from the farm to the store.
Oct. 11 — Let’s Make Pancakes!
- Learn how easy it is to fix up your pancake mix with fun and nutritious add-ins for new flavors your family will love.
Oct. 18 — Garden Design
- Learn how landscape architects approach garden design while designing your own garden. We will look at plants via colors and textures.
Oct. 25 — DIY Last Minute Halloween Costumes
- Get creative and learn fun ways to make a DIY Halloween costume with your family. This can become a family tradition and be wallet-friendly.
Nov. 1 — Identifying Idaho’s Commercial Trees: A Virtual Walk-Through of Idaho’s Forests
- Take a virtual walk through an Idaho forest to learn how to identify the common commercial tree species, and the value they play in Idaho's forests and economy.
Nov. 8 — Animal Science: How Does Digestion Work?
- Learn about how digestion works in ruminant and monogastric stomachs of animals.
Nov. 15 — Aquatic Macroinvertebrates… Bugs!
- Discover some of the interesting little creatures that live among the rocks in our streams, how they are important for the fish and for water scientists as indicators of water quality.
Nov. 22 — Wreath Making is Fun!
- Do you know how to make a small wreath out of Idaho evergreen boughs to decorate your home for the winter season? You will after this fun-filled class.
Contact Surine Greenway at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.