The issue of youth financial literacy has gained attention among many decision makers in recent years, but youth continue to face complex challenges that often prevent them from achieving financial success.
The level of national student loan debt surpassed the national credit card debt in June 2011 and is estimated at nearly $1.2 trillion dollars today. Credit scores and proper use of credit also pay a major role in the financial success of today’s youth. Poor credit scores can lead to higher interest rates costing youth hundreds of dollars extra a month.
The purpose of Northwest Youth Financial Education is to expand quality youth financial literacy programming throughout Idaho and the Northwest. Our programs provide a high level of participant engagement and opportunities for energetic and dynamic learning.
- Naturally engaging programs
- Flexibility for individual or class use
- Dynamic learning experiences including learner directed navigation in fictional educational worlds
- Supplemental materials that allow for further participant education and parental involvement
- Guides and videos that help volunteers and instructors deliver the program effectively without the need to be a content expert.
Visit the programs page to learn more about each program. Each resource has a detailed description, screenshots and downloading options. By downloading a program package, you will have all the resources you need to experience, teach or share these essential financial principles. Best of all, it’s FREE to download and use!