Idaho Association of Extension 4-H Professionals
The IAE4-HP is the first choice of youth development professionals for building personal and professional competencies.
Offer youth development professionals the best in:
- Professional development
- An inclusive and supportive network
- Integration of scholarship research and practice
- Meet the needs of youth development professionals by maximizing the use of technology
- Provide progressive levels of professional development
- Elevate the quality of youth development work through scholarship, research and practice
- Advocate for the 4-H youth development profession
- Facilitate networking throughout the association and the youth development profession
These values help us accomplish our mission and vision:
- Networking with other youth development professionals
- Exchange program ideas, teaching methods and evaluation techniques with peers
- Strengthen communications with Extension administration
- Eligible for travel grants
- Evidence of knowledge gained for vitae and sharing with supervisors and county commissioners
- Vote and hold elected or appointed positions at the state and national level
- Opportunities to serve on state and national committees
- State and national awards
- National conferences and state retreats
- National members (NAE4-HA) receive News & Views, a quarterly publication
- NAE4-HA is a member of JCEP
- National Membership benefits (PDF)
- Membership form and payments should be submitted to the treasurer, Claire Sponseller. If you have questions about membership please contact Claire at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Joint Council of Extension Professionals Conference (JCEP)
The Joint Council of Extension Professionals (JCEP) is composed of all of the Extension professional associations (listed below). The purpose of the JCEP conference is to support Extension leadership succession planning and development nationwide. The conference brings together Extension professionals and representatives from the Extension Committee on Organization and Policy (ECOP), National Institute of Food and Agriculture (NIFA), United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) and the Association of Public and Land Grant Universities (APLU) together to discuss.
Extension organizations that make up JCEP:
- National Association of Extension 4-H Agents (NAE4-HA)
- National Extension Association of Family and Consumer Sciences (NEAFCS)
- National Association of Extension Program and Staff Development Professionals (NAEPSDP)
- National Association of Community Development Extension Professionals (NACDEP)
- National Association of County Agricultural Agents (NACAA)
- Epsilon Sigma Phi (ESP)
- Association of Natural Resource Extension Professionals (ANREP)
Alysson Statz, president represented IAE4-HP at the 2018 JCEP conference and shared this report: I recently attended the JCEP conference. I didn't know what to expect and if it would benefit me in my role as 4-H program coordinator. I thought I would be over my head. It turns out, it was very valuable and not overwhelming at all. JCEP is constructed to give Extension a voice in each state and an opportunity to network with those individuals doing the same good work. It made the world a little smaller and it was revealing to see how other states react to evolving programs and how we reach our communities. I enjoyed the workshops as they provided a few more tools for the tool box including some great healthy living ideas that I brought back to the office. The keynote speaker David Mitchell was very charismatic and had a very fun way to help us identity our own leadership traits as well as others. I also valued the networking and the people I met. l wanted to say "thank you" to our Idaho professional association (IAE4-HP) and to my colleagues that made it possible for me to attend. I encourage you to join IAE4-HP if you have not. It is possible for those that would like to part of our 4-H association to feel supported and attend this conference. I felt valued and I truly value the work we do as 4-H professionals in Idaho. Thank you, Alysson Statz.
Public Issues Leadership Development Conference (PILD)
Conducted by and for Extension professionals, the PILD annual conference prepares participants to engage in U.S. public policy and the legislative process. Attendees are presented with the opportunity to connect with congressional representatives to discuss Extension impacts and issues.
PILD Conference Objectives:
- Broaden understanding of public policy issues that impact Extension and Extension clientele
- Enhance public policy education skills
- Learn how the changing political environment affects support for Extension
- Strengthen existing partnerships and explore new linkages with local, state and federal agencies
- Visit with federal legislators and observe the political process in action
- Provide opportunities to showcase local programs
IAE4-HP Officers — 2019
Northern District Representative:
Southern District Representative:
Central District Representative:
Eastern District Representative:
IAE4-HP meetings are held twice a year. The spring meeting is typically held during Extension Annual Conference and the fall meeting is held during Statewide 4-H Training. District reports should be submitted to your District Rep by email before these meetings.
Awards and Scholarships
There are several awards and scholarships available to IAE4-HP and NAE4-HA members.
- Awards to members — Service Awards (ASA, MSA, DSA), Communicator Awards, Specialty Program Awards, Life Member
- Professional Development Awards
- Scholarships to attend the PILD and JCEP Conferences
- First Timers Scholarship to attend the NAE4-HA Annual Conference
- Opportunity for individual involvement on a national level with NAE4-HA
Eligibility and Application Process
All active and life members of NAE4-HA are eligible for regional and national awards. Membership status is determined using the NAE4-HA database as of Jan. 31, 2018 or state membership deadline (whichever is earlier). All award and scholarship entries must be completed online utilizing the online NAE4-HA Awards System.
- Applications must be completed by March 1, 2018 by 10 p.m. PST
- NAE4-HA Award Application access through the NAE4-HA website at http://nae4ha.com/page/Awards
- Please see the NAE4-HA Awards Description Table that describes the various awards and eligibility requirements and submission requirements
If you have questions or need further information please contact Nancy Shelstad at email@example.com.
National Association of Extension 4-H Professionals (NAE4-HA)
Joint Council of Extension Professionals (JCEP)
- 2021 Feb. 10-11 Kansas City, MO
- 2022 Feb. 9-10 Kansas City, MO