Fall Parent & Family Weekend
Parents and families are vital partners of the University of Idaho. We want to provide a window into the student experience, actively providing opportunities for families to engage and create their own experiences, enriching not only the lives of students but the university community at large. We certainly wish we could celebrate together in person, but given the current realities and uncertainties, it would be irresponsible to host families on campus over the weekend.
Please know that our entire UI community is working toward our shared goal of keeping everyone safe. As such, we are incredibly excited to offer a weekend full of virtual events that you can participate in with your student!
Schedule of Events
Friday, November 6
- 7 p.m. - Virtual Beer Tasting with Stefan Yauchzee, '04, owner of POUR Company
Saturday, November 7
- All day - Hybrid scavenger hunt with you and your student. You have the clues, your student has to find the location or item and take a photo!
- 6 p.m. - Canvas painting - you have one canvas, your student has another. Paint a picture to complement the other!
Sunday, November 8
- 2 p.m. - Dad of the Year announcement
- 4 p.m. - Tailgate Recipe Contest Winner announcement
In addition to these events, we also have some things you can do all week long! Starting on November 1, you can participate in these offerings:
- Order a Hug from Home! Our Student Alumni Relations Board (SArb) Committee has put together some awesome baskets for you to order for your student.
- Letters from Home. You fill out the form, we do the rest! We will deliver to your student with a special surprise!
- Tailgate Recipe Contest - share the name of your recipe and its ingredients, cooking instructions and a photo of the finished dish. A panel of SArb members will review contest entries and help choose the two finalists based on quality, originality, adherence to tailgating theme and visual representation. All recipes will be compiled in a PDF recipe book that will be sent to you the following week.
Check back on Monday, October 26 to register for these events!
Contact us for More Information
Email | 208-885-5106
Save the Date
November 6-8, 2020
April 16-18, 2021
November 5-7, 2021
April 2022 - TBD
November 11-13, 2022
April 2023 - TBD
November 3-5, 2023
April 2024 - TBD