Emergency Financial Assistance
The University of Idaho College of Engineering cares about your success as a student. We know unforeseen circumstances – especially those involving financial challenges – can jeopardize your ability to pursue your engineering degree and launch a successful career.
All students in the College of Engineering on all campuses have access to urgent and emergency financial need.
Financial need related to direct educational expenses - books, tuition, etc. - does not qualify unless a special unforeseen circumstance has occurred.
- Students on the Moscow, Coeur d'Alene and Boise campuses must be engineering or computer science majors currently enrolled in a minimum of 6 credits at the University of Idaho College of Engineering.
- Students on the Idaho Falls campus can be any major, and must be currently enrolled in a minimum of 6 credits at the University of Idaho.
- Priority is given to undergraduate students enrolled full time (12+ credits) and graduate students enrolled full time (9+ credits), but consideration will also be given to part-time students.
- Financial hardship resulting in experiences that impede academic success that cannot reasonably be resolved through other sources.
- Priority will be given to financial need that is not related to direct educational expenses.
Funds are awarded to help alleviate short-term financial needs, including:
- Child Care
- And Others
- Homelessness due to loss of housing or threat of eviction
- Domestic violence
- Destruction of housing due to fire or natural disaster
- Theft of essential belongings
- Overdue bills (medical, rent, utility turn-off notice)
- Temporary job loss
- Unexpected medical emergency
Students may apply for urgent and emergency financial need online at any time during the year. Requests are sent to financial administrators, and students can expect to receive an update on the status of their request within 5 business days.
Give to These Funds
Urgent and emergency financial assistance is possible thanks to the generosity of our alumni, staff, faculty, and friends. Gifts to the following funds provide direct financial support to College of Engineering students across the state of Idaho including Moscow, Coeur d'Alene, Boise and Idaho Falls.
Make a gift to support our two assistance funds:
The Idaho Falls Student Success Fund was established to support U of I's Idaho Falls campus. Students from any major can apply.
The COE Student Emergency Fund was created by longtime college supporters Linda ’62 and Bob ’64 Parkinson and is sustained by an endowment to help students with short-term, unexpected circumstances that threaten their ability to graduate.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with specific questions about urgent or emergency financial need and the process for requesting funds.