M.Engr. Nuclear Engineering
Harnessing Nuclear Potential
This program provides the technical education and quality research experiences you need to meet the wide demand for qualified nuclear engineers and scientists. Areas of specialization include nuclear fuel processing, materials, radioactive waste treatment and management, thermal behavior and measurement, nuclear systems design and modeling, and applications of nuclear process heat.
- Location – this program is offered at the University of Idaho, Idaho Falls
- Industry Experience – unique opportunities to work with leading researchers at the Idaho National Laboratory (INL).
- No. 1 Best Value Public University in the West – ranked by U.S. News and World Report. We’re also the only public university in Idaho to be ranked best value by Forbes, Money, and The Princeton Review.
- 91% Graduate with Jobs or are enrolled in graduate education or military service – Career Outcomes Survey
- Highest Salary Earnings for early- and mid-career undergraduate degree recipients than any other public university in Idaho – Payscale
- Personalized Attention from nationally and internationally recognized faculty and staff through small class sizes, 1-on-1 interaction, mentorship, advising and research collaboration. Most faculty hold Ph.D.s in their field.