B.S. Civil Engineering
Building Modern Society
The work of civil engineers plays an important role in how we live, work, travel and play. In this program, you will learn to plan, design and manage all types of civil engineering systems and processes and how to apply your skills to develop sound infrastructure and create solutions that will contribute to solving some of the planet’s most pressing problems, including restoring and improving urban infrastructure and providing access to clean water to everyone in the world.
- Environmental Engineering
- Structural Engineering
- Transportation Engineering
- Hydraulics and Ecohydrolics
- Hydrology and Water Resource Engineering
- Geotechnical Engineering
- Pavements and Construction Materials
- No. 1 Best Value Public University in the West – ranked for the second year in a row by U.S. News and World Report. We’re also the only public university in Idaho to be ranked best value by Forbes, Money, and The Princeton Review.
- Top 7 in the Nation for “infusing real-world experiences into engineering education” through our undergraduate Senior Capstone Design Program – National Academy of Engineering
- Personalized Attention from nationally and internationally recognized faculty and staff through small class sizes, 1-on-1 interaction, mentorship, advising and research collaboration. All faculty hold Ph.D.s in their field.
- 90% Graduate with Jobs or are enrolled in graduate education or military service – First Destination Survey
- Highest Salary Earnings for early- and mid-career undergraduate degree recipients than any other public university in Idaho – Payscale
- More Scholarships Awarded than any 4-year public engineering college in Idaho. – 2020/21 Financial Aid Data
- Hands-On Experience, Guaranteed ALL U of I College of Engineering students participate in hands-on experiences, through our nationally recognized Senior Capstone Design Program and Engineering Design EXPO, Cooperative Education Program (Co-op), Idaho’s only Grand Challenge Scholars Program and paid undergraduate assistantships.
The Civil and Environmental Engineering undergraduate degree program is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, http://www.abet.org.