Flammable and combustible liquids are any liquid and/or aerosol that can be ignited at room temperature. This includes solvents, cleaning products, spray paints, oils and lubricants, and many laboratory chemicals. Flammable liquids are responsible for the majority of fires and injuries in the workplace.
What you can do:
Don’t purchase more than you need. Keep quantities to the minimum that you will use in a 30 day period.
Always store flammable liquids in U.L. listed flammable cabinets. Never store near heat or ignition sources.
Related Training in NetLearning@uidaho
- Fire Extinguisher Hands-On Training (UIC_31)
- Fire Extinguisher Use (ID01)
- Fire Safety - Flammable Liquids (UIC_32)
- Fire Safety - General (UIC_33)
- Fire Safety in the Workplace (ID22)
For more information
Fire Safety Specialist