The University of Idaho’s web team resides within University Communications and Marketing (UCM) and oversees the creation and maintenance of uidaho.edu web properties.
Please review our list of services below. Need help? Please submit a request ticket. Questions? If you report to an academic unit, such as a college, contact Annie Exline. If you report to a university division, such as SEM, ORED or DFA, please reach out to Shane Snyder.
- Consultation regarding how to deploy web content.
- Design and creation of websites, bulk email, forms and calendars.
- Maintenance of web content.
- Report on user behavior via analytics.
- Provide web author access, training and support.
FAQ and Helps
The web team utilizes a ticket-based system to deliver high quality service efficiently. Below you will find a few tips for working with us and five steps for submitting a work request.
- Please work closely with your assigned web coordinator. Ticket and project management tools help organize the work, but it takes collaboration to be successful.
- As the ticket submitter, you are our single point of contact. This keeps lines of communication and approval authority clear.
- We will always send you a proof. As our point of contact, it is your responsibility to share the proof, gather feedback and sent us approved changes.
- You must approve the final proof before we send your email or publish your web content.
Visit our request form.
You will be asked to identify the college or unit you report to. This will allow us to parse to work correctly and track effort per unit. Click next.
Define the service you want from the dropdown list. And then define a priority - normal or critical. Click next.
Fill out the data fields. Please provide context and the desired outcomes. This will help us understand and design around your goals. Click next
Add your name and email address. You will be the primary contact and updates will be sent to your email address. Submit the form and you will receive a confirmation email with a ticket number.
Once work begins on your ticket, the assigned web coordinator will email you updates and requests. All communication will reference your ticket number.
You are the content expert and owner, but University Communications and Marketing can help you refine content for a desired audience and communication channel.
For help defining a content strategy and writing marketing content, please reach out to the marketing team. For proofreading and editing services, please reach out to the communication team.
If you'd like to take a crack at writing your own web content, please see the tutorial posted in our team Knowledge Network. Additionally, the web team is happy to advise on how best to design and deploy your content via web and bulk email channels.
Please reach out to Creative Services. They have excellent photography and videography teams.
Marketplace and webpages are administered through the Office of Information Technology (OIT).
Below are a few articles we found on OIT's support site regarding Marketplace and webpages.
- Creating a new Marketplace store.
- Adding or editing products in an existing Marketplace store.
- How do I request web hosting space for a personal website?
- How do I access my UI web space?
Regarding webpages, the university does not provide personal web space by default. However, faculty and staff can request web space by demonstrating an academic need or purpose. For help, please reach out to your unit's Technology Solutions Provider.
The directory lists student and employee contact information based on their university profile stored in Banner. If the information is incorrect, please see the directory help page for instructions.
Who can help me with social media?
For social media help, please contact the marketing team.