Faculty/Staff International Travel Registration
The university asks that you register your international travel as there is an effort to track where faculty and staff are traveling in case of emergencies, to coordinate efforts, and to collect valid underwriting data for insurance purposes. Thank you for taking a moment to register your travel.
Who Should Complete a Faculty/Staff International Travel Registration
- All faculty/staff must register themselves in the International Travel system for any international travel that is connected in any way to the University.
- If students will accompany faculty or staff abroad, then the leading faculty/staff member must complete a Faculty/Staff-Led International Trip (FSIT) Proposal, not an International Travel Registration. Once this is approved, students will be provided a link to register themselves as a part of the trip and complete U of I requirements for students traveling abroad.
- If students will travel abroad without faculty or staff, a faculty/staff member cannot register the trip in the International Travel system. Each student traveler must complete an application depending on their trip specifics.
Travel to a U.S. Territory
Please complete the International Travel Registration if you will travel to a U.S. Territory. U.S. Territories are considered international for U of I Risk Management purposes. Here is a list of U.S. Territories:
- American Samoa
- Federated States of Micronesia
- Midway Islands
- Northern Mariana Islands
- Puerto Rico
- Republic of Palau
- Republic of the Marshall Islands
- U.S. Virgin Islands
How to Register your International Travel
To register your international University travel, please click the "Travel Registration" button at the top right. You will be redirected to the International Travel Registration system where you’ll login using your U of I Net ID and password. Once logged in, you'll enter your itinerary details and find important information regarding travel insurance, U.S. Department of State Country Information and their Smart Traveler Enrollment Program, and be prompted to update your Emergency Contacts if needed.