University of Idaho - I Banner
A student works at a computer


U of I's web-based retention and advising tool provides an efficient way to guide and support students on their road to graduation. Login to VandalStar.

International Travel

Study Abroad Fair performance
Study Abroad Fair

The University of Idaho supports and encourages international study, work and research as essential parts of its academic mission. To help ensure a positive international experience, the university maintains sound practices and policies for U of I sponsored or funded travel, work, study and residence outside of the United States. These practices and policies help us address health and safety concerns abroad, such as access to medical care and emergency evacuation services.

Fly America Act and what it means for federal grantees.

Visa Information

Some countries require U.S. citizens to apply for, and be approved for, a visa to enter said country for business or tourism. To obtain a visa, you must complete the visa application and send the application, along with your physical passport, to the embassy or consulate for the country to which you are traveling. Not all countries require U.S. citizens to obtain a visa. Find country specific information here.

If you are interested in working through a visa processing service, we’ve had positive experiences with VisaHQ.

International Programs Office

Physical Address:
901 Paradise Creek St.
LLC Bldg. #3
Moscow, ID 83844

Mailing Address:
875 Perimeter Drive
MS 1250
Moscow, ID 83844-1250

COVID-19 Information for international students, employees and scholars

Phone: 208-885-8984

Fax: 208-885-2859