The University of Idaho requires all international students enrolled in one or more credits and physically present on a University of Idaho campus to enroll in the University of Idaho Student Health Insurance Program (SHIP) as a condition of enrollment. All students are automatically enrolled in SHIP upon registering for classes.
International students with a health insurance policy provided by their sponsoring government may submit policy details to request a SHIP appeal. Email email@example.com for information and instructions.
Dependent Coverage for Families
Dependents of international students must have health insurance for the duration of their presence in the United States. Students who are enrolled in SHIP may choose to have their spouses and children covered as well. If you wish to add a dependent to your SHIP policy, please fill out the Dependent Coverage SHIP Form. You may return the SHIP office or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org from your Vandal email. For more information, please visit the SHIP website.
- At least a $500,000 lifetime medical maximum benefit
- Annual deductible not to exceed $500 per accident or illness
- Co-payment amount not greater than 25 percent so that the insurance pays at least 75 percent of charges
- Accident and illness coverage (to include maternity insurance for females)
- Repatriation coverage of at least $7,500 (a type of life insurance whereby the deceased is returned to their home country)
- Medical evacuation coverage of at least $10,000 (if the student should be too ill to attend school, this pays for the student to return to their home country)
- Company must have a licensed claims office within the U.S. with a U.S. phone and fax number
- Company must provide coverage in the Moscow, Idaho, area for emergency, nonemergency, outpatient and inpatient care, and mental health care
- Health insurance must be purchased annually to be renewed at the beginning of each fall semester (spring semester arrivals must purchase until fall semester begins and renew annually from then on)
- Must have athlete coverage if participating in club, intramural or NCAA Athletics