The University Committee on General Education (UCGE) is currently in the process of redesigning the institutionally designated part of the curriculum now called Integrated Education, which replaced the former ISEM program. While the exact timeline and result are unknown, these six credits will include a First Year Experience, and a Capstone Experience associated in some fashion with the students chosen discipline. Details will be forthcoming with a call for proposals.
When designing and submitting a course for inclusion in the general education curriculum faculty should include the State Board competencies for the GEM area that course falls under. Read about the GEM Competencies here. All other courses should follow the current institutional learning outcomes.
If you have a course you wish to propose for inclusion in the university's General Education, proposal guidelines are listed here and on the UCGE page.
For additional assistance with help on the design of your course, its content, or in addressing the UCGE proposal guidelines, contact Dean Panttaja, Director of General Education & Assessment, 208-885-9025 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- American Diversity Course Proposal pdf
- Humanistic & Artistic Course Proposals pdf
- Humanities Course Proposal pdf
- Math Course Proposals pdf
- Integrated Science Course Proposal pdf
- International Course Proposal pdf
- Oral Communication Course Proposals pdf
- Science Course Proposals pdf
- Senior Experience Proposal pdf
- Social & Behavioral Course Proposals pdf
- Social Science Course Proposal pdf
- Written Communication Course Proposals pdf