University of Idaho - I Banner
students walk on University of Idaho campus

Visit U of I

Learn about the many reasons the University of Idaho could be a perfect fit for you. Schedule Your Visit

Advisor Resources

General Education Changes

Updated for the 2018-19 Catalog Year

University of Idaho General Education or Transfer Student General Education?

  • Students who begin their education at the University of Idaho with fewer than 14 transferable college credits from a regionally accredited institution after high school graduation are admitted as first-year students and placed on the U of I General Education for the school year in which they were admitted. (e.g., A student admitted for the Fall 2014 semester must complete the U of I General Education for the 2014-2015 catalog year.)
  • Transfer students who have completed 14 or more transferable college credits after high school graduation may choose to complete either the U of I General Education or the Transfer Student General Education requirements.
  • Students with questions about their General Education requirements should contact their academic advisor or the Advising Center. A Change of General Education form must be submitted and is required for those students eligible to change the general education option. A student's general education requirements can be found in their degree audit and in their General Catalog year.

For more information:

General Education

Physical Address:
Administration Building 104

Mailing Address:
University of Idaho
875 Perimeter Drive MS 3154
Moscow, ID 83844-3154

Phone: 208-885-9025


Web: General Education