RHA Position Descriptions
In upholding the mission of the Residence Hall Association, the Board of Directors strives to improve the University of Idaho student experience through advocacy, involvement and leadership. The Board of Directors is responsible for the general oversight and management of the Residence Hall Association (RHA).
The RHA Constitution outlines the specific responsibilities of each Board of Directors member. Please refer to the Constitution for that complete list.
- Attending the annual NACURH conference in late May (expenses paid by RHA)
- Move in to the residence halls early and attend leadership training prior to Residence Hall Move In
- Participate in the planning and execution of Paint the Palouse
- Attend weekly RHA meetings (Mondays at 6 p.m.) and weekly Board of Directors meetings.
- Meet with the RHA Advisor on a weekly basis
- Preside over all RHA meetings, including General Assembly and Board of Directors meetings
- Act as the official spokesperson and representative of RHA
- Advocate for the residents of the residence halls and create a positive living experience
- Oversee the RHA budget, in collaboration with the Advisor
- Assume the duties and responsibilities of the President on an as needed basis
- Take minutes at all General Assembly and Board of Directors meetings
- Oversee the checkout of RHA equipment and amenities
- Serve as the head delegate for all NACURH affiliated conferences, three per year
- Write at least one bid for each conference, as appropriate
- Coordinate registration and travel for all delegates, in collaboration with the Advisor
- Plan and implement a minimum of three programs each semester
- Participate in annual programs such as Tower Trick or Treat, Paint the Palouse, Parent and Family Weekend, Homecoming, etc.
- Be responsible for upholding traditions within the residence halls
- Plan and execute monthly leadership development presentations at General Assembly meetings
- Plan and execute Leadershop in the Fall and Spring semester, in collaboration with the Advisor
- Coordinate Community Assembly Fall Elections, in collaboration with Community Assembly Advisors
- Plan a monthly Community Assembly mixer