Welcome to Vandals Dining!
Your dining experience is more than just food. It is a community experience centered on culinary expertise, fresh ingredients, healthy options and a shared sense of environmental and social responsibility. Your Vandals Dining team is committed to creating the best possible dining experience.
We strive to accommodate the full-spectrum of dietary needs and restrictions by providing daily rotating vegetarian, vegan and gluten free options as well as an allergen-conscious station free of seven of the top eight food born allergens. If you have a dietary accommodation you feel cannot be met in the dining hall, please complete our Dietary Accommodation Form.
For more information on all things dining, visit our Vandals Dining Website or call our office at: 208-885-6070
We are aligned with the University of Idaho’s Sustainability Center to incorporate sustainable practices into all programs, reduce our ecological footprint and foster a culture of environmental consciousness. Vandals Dining’s Better Tomorrow Sustainability Plan focuses on climate action, waste minimization, resource stewardship and sustainability education.
We have a growing partnership with LINC, a co-op vendor of local farms within a 200 mile radius to source sustainable, organic and fresh-from-farm produce in an effort to enhance dishes on a regular basis.
Join our Green-to-Go program in 4 easy steps:
- Visit The Hub and join the program for a one-time, nonrefundable fee of $5.00 plus tax.
- Fill up your to-go lunch box with delicious food and take it with you on-the-go.
- When finished, return your lunch box to the cashier at The Hub to have it cleaned and pick up a new one.
- Repeat as you choose.
To get the sweet scoop, follow @vandalsdining on Instagram.
First year students living in the residence halls, and all students living in Wallace, Theophilus and McConnell are required to have a meal plan. Parents can feel confident that their students have access to a variety of nutritious food breakfast, lunch and dinner. Students can select their meal plan choice in the housing application portal when they choose their room. Rates are per semester.
The Vandal: Unlimited meals + 100 dining dollars - $2,400/semester
The Pride: 14 meals per week + 250 dining dollars - $2,280/semester
Silver 160: 160 meals + 450 dining dollars - $2,150/semester
Silver 130: 130 meals + 650 dining dollars - $2,150/semester
Silver 95: 95 meals + 900 dining dollars - $2,150/semester
Bronze: 50 meals + 250 dining dollars - $815/semester*
*Limited to non-first year students living in Stevenson, McConnell or LLCs
The dining hall serves meals free of the eight (8) major food allergens: shellfish, soy, dairy, gluten, eggs, tree nuts, peanuts and wheat. If you have a dietary accommodation that you do not feel can be met in the dining hall, please complete the Dietary Accommodation Form. For more information on all things dining, visit the Vandals Dining website or call the Vandals Dining office at 208-885-6070.
- Unlimited Meals: Enter the dining hall as many times as you would like throughout the day.
- Meal Swipes: A specific number of meals that can be used at the dining hall throughout a semester. One meal swipe equals one entry into The Hub dining hall. Students who have one of the three Silver meal plans may use their meal swipes for accompanied guests. Students who have the Vandal Unlimited or Pride meal plan may not use their meal swipes for guests.
- Dining Dollars: An amount of money loaded onto the VandalCard that may be used at all campus dining locations. Dining Dollars can be added using the Vandals Dining Website.
Note: Unused dining dollars will roll over from fall to spring semester if the student purchases a residential meal plan through Housing & Residence Life for the spring semester. Dining dollars will not roll over if the student purchases an optional meal plan through Vandals Dining.
Breakfast: 7-11 a.m.
Lunch: 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Afternoon Lunch: 2-5 p.m.
Dinner: 5-7:30 p.m.
Brunch: 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Closed: 2-4:30 p.m.
Dinner: 4:30-7:30 p.m.
Fall Semester 2020-2021
Changes to Fall meal plans must be submitted by August 28, 2020. No meal plans will be pro-rated on cancelled plans after October 9, 2020.
Spring Semester 2020-2021
Changes to Spring meal plans must be submitted by January 17, 2021. No meal plans will be pro-rated on cancelled plans after March 5, 2021.
To change your meal plan please use our Plan Change Request Form.