On-Campus Apartment Cost of Living
The University of Idaho apartments offer independent living, convenience and a family-friendly atmosphere in a safe environment. We offer a variety of living options for graduate students, upper-level undergraduates, visiting scholars, students with families and faculty/staff.
Elmwood Apartments — 12 Month Agreement**
- Studio — $4,085/semester; approximately $681*/month
- 1 Bedroom — $4,180/semester; approximately $697*/month
- Loft — $5,335/semester; approximately $890*/month
South Hill Apartments — 12 Month Agreement**
- One Bedroom — $3,960/semester; approximately $660*/month
- Two Bedroom — $4,180/semester; approximately $696*/month
- Three Bedroom — $4,680/semester; approximately $780*/month
- Four Bedroom — $5,865/semester; approximately $978*/month
South Hill Vista Apartments — 12 Month Agreement**
- Two Bedroom — $4,490/semester; approximately $749*/month
- Three Bedroom — $5,150/semester; approximately $859*/month
* Agreements are billed at the beginning of each semester, for the entire semester. Fall Semester is billed July 1 - Dec 31 and spring semester is billed Jan 1 - June 30. Payment plans are available through your student account.
** Apartment rates are per unit, not per person.
Elmwood Apartments - 12 Month Agreement**
- Studio - $3,930/semester; approximately $655*/month
- 1 Bedroom - $4,020/semester; approximately $670*/month
- Loft - $5,130/semester; approximately $855*/month
South Hill Apartments - 12 Month Agreement**
- One Bedroom - $3,810/semester; approximately $635*/month
- Two Bedroom - $4,020/semester; approximately $670*/month
- Three Bedroom - $4,500/semester; approximately $750*/month
- Four Bedroom - $5,640/semester; approximately $940*/month
South Hill Vista Apartments - 12 Month Agreement**
- Two Bedroom - $4,320/semester; approximately $720*/month
- Three Bedroom - $4,950/semester; approximately $825*/month
* Agreements are billed at the beginning of each semester, for the entire semester. Fall Semester is billed July 1 - Dec 31 and Spring semester is billed Jan 1 - June 30. Payment plans are available through your student account.
**Six Month Agreement available at an additional cost of $300/semester.
Optional On-Campus Meal Plans will be available fall of 2021. Be sure to check back here for more information.
The most affordable parking permit is no permit at all. Most Vandals living on campus leave their personal vehicles at home and use alternative transportation to get across campus, all over town and home on breaks. By leaving your personal vehicle at home you won’t have to purchase a parking permit; you all but eliminate the possibility of parking citations; and you could save thousands in vehicle upkeep, gas and insurance.
If you choose to bring a personal vehicle to campus, parking lots around the apartment communities require a Green Permit. Parking permits go on sale online at noon the second Tuesday of July, and are then available year-round for purchase for the academic year. If you have questions, please contact Parking and Transportation Services at 208-885-6424 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
All housing charges will be billed a semester at a time and must be paid off by the end of the semester. Fall semester is billed in July, Spring semester is billed in January. If you are moving in mid-semester, your housing charges for the semester will come due right away so please be sure to contact the Student Accounts office immediately to avoid late payment fees.
Students: if you have financial aid remaining after tuition and fees are paid for the semester it will be applied towards your apartment charges. If you do not have enough financial aid to cover all housing charges, you must pay the remaining semester charge or enroll in a Payment Plan no later than the first day of class each semester.
To enroll in a payment plan (students only) please follow the steps below:
1. Log into your VandalWeb account at vandalweb.uidaho.edu
2. Select Student Account Information
3. At the student account menu select Student Account Center
4. This will take you to another page that says "Processing, please wait..."
5. Select Payment Plans tab, under the University of Idaho Logo, on the tool bar.
Staff/Faculty: You have the option to pay the balance in full when you arrive on campus, or to make monthly payments until the semester's charge amount is paid off. You may pay your charges at the Student Accounts office in the Pitman Center via cash, check or debit card.
If you wish, you may also pay online through your VandalWeb. Go to Employees → Employee Information → Employee Account Center. If you are using a credit card or debit card online, you will be charged an additional 2.85% convenience fee for paying online.