Vandal Family Support Resources
Everyone is different when coping with grief. Find the people and help you need during this time.
Resources for Tough Times
Submit a concern
We CARE about student success and well-being. The mission of VandalCARE is to provide care and concern for students who may be in distress.
Students can access counseling services over the break at the Counseling and Testing Center, Mary Forney Hall third floor, Monday-Wednesday, Nov. 21-23. The center will be closed Thursday-Sunday, Nov. 24-27, for the Thanksgiving recess, but will reopen Monday, Nov. 28. You can call the Counseling and Testing Center at 208-885-6716 to connect with a counselor and select option three in the evenings, weekends and over the holiday to talk with a counselor.
Even though students have traveled away from campus, remote Zoom meeting options are available. You do not need to be in person to connect with support.
Students from the Boise area can also receive support from the Boise State University Counseling Center through walk-in counseling Monday-Wednesday, Nov. 21-23. Call 208-426-1459 or visit the Norco Building, second floor (1529 Belmont St.) on the Boise State campus.
When classes resume Monday, Nov. 28, we will again have drop-in counseling sessions available from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday-Friday, Nov. 28 to Dec. 2, in the ISUB and all week at the Counseling and Testing Center.
- Alternatives to Violence on the Palouse (atvp.org) | 1-877-334-2887 | Moscow
- Behavioral Health Crisis Center Idaho Falls (eastidahocrisis.com) | Idaho Falls
- Crisis Center of South Central Idaho (crisisidaho.com) | Twin Falls
- North Idaho Crisis Center (nicrisiscenter.org) | Coeur d’ Alene
- Pathways Community Crisis Center of Southwest Idaho (pcccsi.com) | Boise
- Satellite Location Clinical Services (uidaho.edu/ctc) | Boise, Coeur d'Alene, Idaho Falls, Twin Falls Research & Extension Center and McCall Field Campus
- National Suicide & Crisis Lifeline | 988 or 1-800-273-8255
- Crisis Text Line | Text HELLO to 741741 or to 433-SUPPORT in WhatsApp
- Idaho Suicide Prevention Hotline | 208-398-4357
Available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, year-round. Text support is available Monday through Friday, 3 p.m. to Midnight.