Master of Science, Statistical Science Major
An individual graduate program is tailored for the student, but all students must complete a basic core requirement of 24 credits and either.
- Thesis (STAT 500)
- Internship (STAT 598) with an internship report
- A consulting option (minimum of 8 credits of Stat 597)
- STAT 422 Sample Survey Methods (3 cr)
- STAT 451 Probability Theory (3 cr)
- STAT 452 Mathematical Statistics (3 cr)
- STAT 501 Seminar (1 cr)
- STAT 507 Experimental Design (3 cr)
- STAT 519 Multivariate Analysis (3 cr)
- STAT 550 Regression (3 cr)
- STAT 565 Computer Intensive Statistics (3 cr)
- STAT 597 Consulting Practicum (2 cr)
A maximum of 6 credits of Stat 500 may be counted toward the thesis degree option.
Intercollegiate and Interdisciplinary Education
The UI Statistics group is an intercollegiate, interdisciplinary team that emphasizes broad applications as well as theoretical aspects of statistics. In addition to research within the discipline, faculty collaborate actively with researchers from the physical, biological, and social sciences, promoting campus-wide cooperation in investigation of statistical problems. There is also close academic liaison with the Statistics faculty at nearby Washington State University.