In accordance with the university policy, we must archive official transcripts for all of our incoming students. We want to highlight this important step in your pre-arrival checklist so your transition to the University of Idaho College of Law will be a smooth one.
A few notes on official transcripts
- We must receive your official transcript(s) prior to the first day of Orientation (Monday, August 14, 2017).
- The transcript copies that LSAC sends us in your LSDAS report are not official transcripts.
- Please request an official transcript from every undergraduate and graduate institution you have attended, whether or not you received a degree from that institution. This includes course work completed after your received your degree(s).
Please have your transcripts mailed to:
University of Idaho College of Law
Attn: Office of Admissions
875 Perimeter Drive MS 2321
Moscow, ID 83844-2321
- The directions in note 3, above, apply to you even if you attended the University of Idaho. We need your official University of Idaho transcript for your College of Law file.
- If you graduated or otherwise completed course work in May or June, please make sure the transcript is final and reflects any degree earned.
We will send you two types of transcript notification emails on a biweekly basis
- If a transcript is missing from your file, we will send a "Transcript Needed" email until we receive that transcript.
- We will send a "Transcript Received" email for ever school from which we receive a transcript.
A few notes on pending transcripts
- It is possible that we will receive your transcript the day after we send you a "Transcript Needed" email. Due to the high volume of transcripts, we are able to respond to individual requests on a limited basis. However, we will send "Transcript Needed/Received" email notifications on a biweekly basis (every other Wednesday). If you receive a "Transcript Needed" email from us, and you believe we should have already received your transcript from that school, you may want to wait another two weeks to see whether we send you a "Transcript Received" email. You may opt to contact your Registrar's Office to inquire what date they mailed your transcript. If your Registrar's Office indicates that three or more weeks have elapsed since the time they mailed your transcript to us, you may notify us of this new information by sending us an email at email@example.com. We will be happy to put a note in your file. If we email you a subsequent "Transcript Needed" email for that same transcript, you may want to contact your Registrar's Office and re-order your transcript.
- If you know that your Registrar's Office will not be able to process your transcript request until a certain date, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know. We will place a note in your file. However, please understand that you will still receive a "Transcript Needed" email until we receive a transcript from each school.