Engineering Student Scholarships
Many students don’t attend college due to lack of financial resources. The University of Idaho awards more than $30 million in scholarships each year, more than any other university in Idaho, yet still the average unmet need for residential students is about $4,500 annually.
To close this gap, the U of I College of Engineering is working toward opening up additional revenue streams to make obtaining a college degree a possibility for more rural Idaho residents.
Your contributions to the scholarship fund has an impact:
- Engineering students received $800,000 in scholarships in 2018-19.
- U of I students receive more than $30 million in scholarships annually — more than any other public institution in Idaho.
- 73% of U of I students receive scholarships — more than any other public institution in Idaho.
- Case Story: Titus Hanson wouldn’t be graduating in Mechanical Engineering without help from the Schellenger Scholarship.
- Case Story: Sheila Janssen-Klages, with help of husband Karl Klages ’52 and son Alfred, grows father’s scholarship endowment.
Thank You From Our Students
Our college awards nearly $1M in scholarships each year, and these gifts have a profound impact on our students. But don't take it from us, check out these student stories of thanks!