Ways to Give
There are many ways to give to the University of Idaho College of Engineering:
Please make check payable to “University of Idaho Foundation, Inc.” In the “For” section, please indicate the gift designation of your choice (see designations below).
Deliver or Mail a Gift to
University of Idaho Foundation
875 Perimeter Drive, MS 3143
Moscow, ID 83844-3143
Please go to the University of Idaho Giving page and select the designation of your choice, and then complete the required fields.
Write a Check
Please use the instructions above for Writing a Check and identify the person you'd like to honor either on the check memo line or within an included note.
Please use the instructions above for Online and identify the person you'd like to honor either in the In Honor of or In Memory of fields on the giving form.
Please use the instructions above for Payroll Deduction. Note that it is not possible to do just one payment in memory/honor of someone – the entire deduction must be made that way. You'll need to include this information in the email when submitting your payroll deduction form to email@example.com.
By signing up for payroll deduction you can give a little each pay period and have it add up to a significant amount by the end of the year. As an added benefit to giving, employees and retirees are eligible to receive President's Circle benefits with annual, cumulative giving of $1,300 or more — or $50 per pay period over the fiscal year. Please complete the Payroll Deduction Form.
Many organizations match employee gifts made to the University of Idaho. To learn more, please email Bobbi Hughes in the Engineering Advancement office or call 208-885-5303.
When you create your legacy gift for U of I through a charitable IRA rollover, you receive tax advantages.
Benefits of Charitable IRA Rollovers
- Avoid paying tax on your required minimum distribution this year. The distribution will not count as taxable income for this year, helping keep you in a lower tax bracket.
- The transfer is not subject to limitations on itemized deductions.
- Enjoy a quick and easy estate tax reduction.
- Learn More >
Qualification & Information
- You must be at least 70½ years old.
- Your gift can satisfy all or part of your required minimum distribution for the year.
- You pay no income tax on the gift. The transfer generates neither taxable income nor a tax deduction, so you benefit even if you do not itemize your tax deductions.
- You can transfer up to $100,000 from your IRA directly to a qualified charity such as the University of Idaho Foundation. This opportunity applies only to IRAs and not other types of retirement plans.
- If you will be writing a check from your IRA account, please mail by November 30, 2019 to ensure that it clears your account before December 31, 2019. Even if your IRA administrator writes the check, please note that your gift to the University of Idaho must be received by December 31, 2019 to qualify for this year.
Questions? Please contact the U of I Foundation for more information by email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 208-885-4000.
Please contact the Office of Estate, Trust and Gift Planning by emailing email@example.com, calling 866-671-7041 or visiting https://myuidaholegacy.org. Our gift planning experts are an excellent resource for those who desire to make a gift to benefit the University of Idaho via bequest in a will or living trust, endowment, charitable remainder trust, charitable gift annuity, IRA/retirement plan, personal property or life insurance.
Idaho Education Tax Credit
As an Idaho tax payer, your donations to the University of Idaho and the College of Engineering may be eligible for a 50 percent education tax credit which provides a reduction to the tax you owe or an increase in your refund!