Extension Educator — Agronomy
Annex Building, Room 180
University of Idaho Extension, Jefferson County
210 Courthouse Way, Ste. 180
Rigby, ID 83442
Joseph specializes in agronomy and livestock, with a emphasis on forage production, grazing management and Spanish programs.
M.S., Utah State University, 2016
B.S., Utah State University, 2014
Languages spoken other than English
- Pest management
- Weed identification
- Insect identification
- Grass identification
- Pasture management
- Spanish education
- Sprinkle, J., J. Sagers, J. Hall, M. Ellison, J.Yelich, J. Brennan, J. Taylor, J. Lamb. Protein Supplimentation and grazing behavior for cows on differing late-season rangeland grazing systems. Animals. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/34827951/.
- Sprinkle, J., J. Sagers, J. Hall, M. Ellison, J. Yelich, J. Bennan, B. Taylor, J. Lamb. 2020. Predicting cattle grazing behavior on rangeland using accelerometers. Rangeland Ecology & Management. https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S1550742420301202 (3, 5, 6).
- Sagers, J.K., J. Findlay, J. Hatch, G. Shewmaker, K. Jensen, J. Hogge, R. Roemer, J. Burr, 2020. Determining Quality and Performance of Cool Season Pasture Grasses at High Elevation in Eastern Idaho. Journal of National Association of County Ag Agents (NACAA). 13(1). https://www.nacaa.com/journal/index.php?jid=1097 (*1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6).
- Findlay, J.R., J Hogge, M Leslie, S. Reitz, J. Sagers, J. Thomas, (2020). Evaluating Thrips Damage on Idaho Alfalfa Crops. Journal of the National Association of County Ag Agents (NACAA). 13(1). https://www.nacaa.com/journal/index.php?jid=1079 (3, 5, 6).
- Waldron, B. J. Sagers, M. D. Peele, C.W. Rigby, B. Bugbee, J.E. Creech. 2019. Salinity reduces the forage quality of forage kochia: a halophytic Chenopodiaceae shrub. Rangeland Ecology and Management. https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1550742419301162 (a, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6).
- Sagers, J.K., B. Bugbee, J.E. Creech, I. Mott, and B.L. Waldron, B.L. 2017. Salinity Tolerance of Three Competing Rangeland Plant Species: Studies in Hydroponic Culture. Journal of Ecology and Evolution. https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1002/ece3.3607 (* a, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6).
- Spanish online learning format helps Hispanic workers in potato industry
- Shooting sports in Jefferson County continue to grow through grant funding and increased volunteers
- Making dormant season grazing work
- Development of an economic threshold for thrips damage on Idaho alfalfa crops
- Pesticide recertification credits provided in person and via Zoom broadcast
Joseph Sagers is University of Idaho Extension educator for Jefferson and Clark counties with an emphasis in agronomy and livestock. He received his bachelors and masters degrees in plant science from Utah State University.
- Sagers, J. K., R Findlay, G. Shewmaker, and R. Roemer. Evaluating the effects of planting date and cutting height on teff grass in Idaho. National Association of County Agricultural Agents virtual conference poster session finalist, 2020.
- Sagers, J.K. National Association of County Agricultural Agents, Achievement Award, 2020.
- Sagers, J.K. Search for Excellence in Crop Production, National Association of County Agricultural Agents, 2020.
- Curriculum vitae pdf