Wildlife and Water Curriculum — 4-H
Download a free, draft version of the Water and Wildlife 4-H Curriculum. This download is provided for free in response to a need for science activities for K-12 teachers and currently homeschooled kids and parents. This is written for a ~sixth-grade audience, but can be modified for students in upper elementary through high school.
- Introduction: Laying the groundwork for IDAH2O (PDF)
- Getting Started: Setting up your water quality monitoring plan (PDF)
- Watershed Mapping: Finding your way (PDF)
- Habitat Assessment: Assessing stream and riparian conditions (PDF)
- Physical/Chemical Assessment: Monitoring current stream conditions (PDF)
- Biological Assessment: Assessing life in the stream (PDF)
- Lake Sampling: Conducting IDAH2O monitoring on “standing” water (PDF)
These are advanced draft versions and will continually be updated.
- Water and Rural Residences: What Idaho Homeowners Need to Know (PDF) (BUL905)
- Ideas and Activities to use with the Spokane Valley Rathdrum Prairie Aquifer Atlas as an Educational Tool (PDF) or (PDF in Printable Booklet Layout)