Idaho Master Gardener Plant Diagnostic Clinic
Is your garden or lawn having problems? Is there a new pest in your tree? Do you need a plant identified? These types of questions and many more can be answered at the UI Extension, Gem County Idaho Master Gardner diagnostic plant clinic. The plant clinic is open every Thursday from May 1-Sept. 30.
How we can help you
- Learn how to care for your garden and landscape
- Get practical “how-to” advice on many home gardening topics
- Identify many insects, weeds and disease organisms and choose the best treatment
- Find resources and information
What you will need
- A full description of your situation
- Details about your planting, watering, fertilizing and pesticide practices
- Good samples in Zip-Lock plastic bags that show the whole plant or insect
What to expect
- Friendly volunteer assistance from University of Idaho Master Gardeners
- Most responses will be given within 48 hours
- Our educated “best guess” diagnosis
- Approved growing recommendations from the University of Idaho
- Approved pesticide recommendations
- Suggestions for learning more through our quality web and print resources
Although this is a free clinic, donations are welcome.
For further information, please contact UI Extension, Gem County.