4-H in Cassia County
4-H prepares young people to step up to the challenges in their community and the world through hands-on, real world experience.
Cassia County 4-H offers innovative activities and programming, including the Cassia County community 4-H club. We also offer one of the state’s largest livestock programs, which includes beef, swine, dairy, sheep, goats, turkeys and rabbits.
For more specific information on Cassia County 4-H, please contact Rosie at 208-878-9461.
Enrollment in 4-H or any 4-H program is subject to approval by the appropriate extension personnel. To be eligible for enrollment and/or participation, members and/or volunteers must be in compliance with state and county policies, and not have any outstanding debts/payments due.
Membership & Age Requirements
- "Member" is defined as a youth of 4-H age individually enrolled at the county level in a 4-H club.
- 4-H age is the age of the individual on Jan. 1 of the current 4-H year (which runs from Oct. 1 to Sept. 30).
- 4-H members ages 8 to 18 years are eligible to participate in all programs offered by 4-H, including competitive activities/events. Cloverbuds, ages 5-7 years, may do cloverbud projects.
- Youth and volunteer enrollment information shall be maintained on the state-approved electronic enrollment system.
- In recognition of the educational and developmental needs of youth, members will be grouped for program management purposes (based on age as of Jan. 1 of current 4-H year) as follows:
Classification by Age
- Cloverbuds: 5 to 7 years old
- Junior: 8 to 10 years old
- Intermediate: 11 to 13 years old
- Senior: 14 to 18 years old
For more specific information, please contact the 4-H office:
Phone: 208-878-9461, Fax: 208-878-7862, email: email@example.com
- New family 4-H enrollment, please contact the Cassia County 4-H office 208-878-9461
- 4-H enrollment please go to: 4HOnline
- Enrollment tips please see Family Resources section at the UI Extension link 4HOnline Help
- Pay fees in person at the 4-H office or online at Cassia County PayPort
- 4-H member $10 ($5 is paid by Cassia County 4-H Volunteer Association)
- Species Fee $8
- Cloverbud $5
- Leader $5
Enrollment Deadline: May 10, 2019
Final fair participation enrollment date for 2018-2019 year is 5/10/2019.
- July 11 — Volunteer Council, Elba, Idaho. FCS 5:30 p.m., Gen. 6:30 p.m. Specie to follow
- July 15 & 22 — Dairy Presentations, UI Extension office (Call 4-H office to schedule your time)
- July 16 — Sugar Beet Presentations at Burley Event Center. Kids need to be there at 1:45 p.m. Open to the public 2-5 p.m.
- July 24 — 4-C's Day Camp registration starts at 9:30 a.m. at the Cassia Fair Grounds
- July 29 — Horse Record Books Due by 4 p.m. Judging at 6 p.m. by Horse Leaders and Parents
- July 31 — Livestock and Crop Record Books Due.
- July 31 — Swine and Dairy Record Book Judging at 6 p.m. by Leaders and Parents
- Aug. 1 — Beef and Sheep Record Book Judging at 6 p.m. by Leaders and Parents
- Aug. 2 — Turkey, Rabbit and Goat Record Book Judging at 6 p.m. by Leaders and Parents
- Aug. 8-19 — Fair Week! Good luck to all the participants
Cassia County 4-H Livestock Story or Report Guidelines
4-H Livestock projects in Cassia County are required to complete either a 4-H story or a research report. These are to be turned in with the livestock record books.
4-H Story — Juniors
- Submit a one-page, double spaced story about their livestock project that year
- The story may be typed
4-H Livestock Research Report — Intermediates and Seniors
- Submit a one-page, double spaced research report related to their livestock project that year
- The research report may be typed
- At least two (2) sources must be sited
- Each year the 4-H member will need to pick a new research topic
Awards and Scholarships
- Hard Luck Award (PDF)
- District III Leader’s Association Scholarship (PDF)
- Joan Parr Scholarship (PDF)
To provide opportunities for area clientele, UI Extension, Cassia County works with several partner organizations including:
- Cassia County, Idaho
- Cassia County 4-H Volunteer Association
- Cassia County Fair and Rodeo
- Central Idaho 4-H Camp
- Idaho State 4-H Volunteer Association
- Central District 4-H Volunteer Association
- Cassia County School District
- College of Southern Idaho
- Burley Public Library
- Cassia Regional Hospital