Idaho Master Gardener Program
Publications We Recommend
- How to prune a coniferous evergreen tree
- Hardy roses for harsh climates
- Leaf spot on aspen and poplar trees
- Management of White Pine Weevil in spruce trees
- Trees for Southwestern Idaho Landscapes: Selection and Irrigation
- Watering home lawns and landscapes
- Landscaping with native plants
- Garden and Landscaping information; insects, plant diseases; care of plants and lawns
Idaho Master Gardener volunteers assist the UI Extension, Butte County office in answering questions about plant protection and production.
Idaho Master Gardeners complete 36 hours of training and 30 hours of volunteer service related to gardening and horticulture.
They continue their service by helping with home horticulture issues, beautifying the community or assisting in community gardening.
Idaho Master Gardener classes are held roughly every other year.
Visit UI Extension’s Idaho Master Gardener Program website for more information.
Arco Community Garden
The centerpiece of UI Extension, Butte County’s Idaho Master Gardener Program is the Arco Community Garden (Facebook). The land was provided by the Butte County Fair Board and water is supplied by the City of Arco. Citizens can manage a private garden plot for a small fee. The community garden often supplies fresh vegetables to the local senior citizens center.