There are a variety of camps offered to youth throughout the summer. Youth do not have to be enrolled in 4-H to attend these camps. All camps are held at the Benewah County Fairgrounds from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. For more information please refer to each camp registration.
- June 20, 2019 — Cloverbud Robotics Camp Registration
- June 26-27, 2019 — Cultural Kitchen Camp Registration
- July 16-17, 2019 — Outdoor Camp Registration
- July 26, 2019 — Quilting Camp Registration
- Aug. 1-2, 2019 — Animal Science Camp
- Aug. 7-8, 2019 — Environmental Science/Gardening Camp Registration
Sixth Grade Natural Resource Tour
- July 10-11, 2019
- Youth Registration form (PDF)
- Teen Captain Registration Form (PDF)
- Registration deadline Extended : June 21
This camp is a two-day overnight camp open to all sixth graders in the St. Maries School District, the Kootenai School District or homeschoolers in the area. This is the 27th year of the tour and we are gearing up for some exciting activities. Youth will join us on the bus at the St. Maries High School at 7 a.m. on July 18. We will then visit the Marble Creek Interpretive Center, Hobo Cedar Grove, Fossil Bowl, Garnet Dig and camp that night at the Forever Green Tree Farm. The next day we will have presentations about soils, trees, mapping and wildlife. The tour will conclude that afternoon with an onsite visit to the Potlatch Deltic plywood plant. The tour will conclude that afternoon with an onsite visit to the Potlatch plywood plant. All sixth graders will need to download the youth registration form.
Any teens that are in the 9th-12th grade and are interested in being a teen captain, please download the Teen Captain registration form.
We are also looking for some adult chaperones. Call the UI Extension, Benewah County office for more information at 208-245-2422.