Idaho Master Gardener Program
This program provides participants with in-depth, research-based education on many horticultural topics, from soil organisms to 60-foot shade trees and from thirsty tropical houseplants to drought-tolerant native shrubs.
About the program
Idaho Master Gardeners expand their knowledge and skills in home horticulture and serve their communities as trained volunteers.
With their up-to-date understanding of water-smart landscaping, environmentally astute pest control and landfill-saving composting methods, Idaho’s trainee and certified Master Gardeners and Advanced Master Gardeners donate about 16,000 hours of volunteer time annually.
When they are not responding to homeowners’ questions, Idaho Master Gardeners are:
- Operating plant diagnostics clinics in UI Extension county offices or at local farmers markets
- Installing water-efficient landscapes at public sites
- Beautifying hospitals and senior centers
- Organizing community vegetable gardens and Plant-a-Row efforts
- Instructing garden center clients and garden club members
- Leading 4-H clubs, after-school programs and Junior Master Gardener classes
- Bringing horticultural knowledge to their communities in many other gratifying ways
2023 Idaho Master Gardener — Benewah County Classes
Idaho Master Gardener Classes
Come and become an Idaho Master Gardener.
Turn your brown thumb green by learning from experts.
Classes will be held at the Presbyterian Church in St Maries.