4-H Ambassadors are youth leaders who promote 4-H using their skills, knowledge and leadership abilities. 4-H Ambassador strengthens 4-H through education, recruitment and public relations.
We recognize knowledgeable and prepared older 4-H members as the best spokespersons for 4-H. The public and key people see, hear and appreciate the success of youth members doing excellent work. Nothing supports 4-H Youth development better than this visibility.
District 4-H Ambassador Retreats are geared for younger teens (seventh grade or older). Workshops focus on life skills with a yearly theme (Head, Heart, Hands or Health).
- Northern District — January 19-21, 2019, Ross Point Camp, Post Falls, ID
- Central District — March 15-17, 2019, Albion Campus Retreat, Albion, ID
- Eastern District — April 26-28, 2019, Location TBA
- Southern District — February 1-3, 2019, Quaker Hill Retreat Center, McCall, ID
Cost: $60 includes lodging, meals and workshop fees. More fees may apply for transportation.
The summit is a statewide event for teens interested in being a 4-H ambassador.
- Nov. 16-18, 2018 (Save the Date PDF)
- Camp Ida Haven, McCall, Idaho
- $125 youth registration fee, includes transportation to/from the event ($50 for chaperones)
- Register through 4HOnline starting Oct. 5, 2018. Registration closes Nov. 2, 2018.
At the Summit youth:
- Learn in workshops:
- Head — Critical Thinking
- Heart — Accepting Differences
- Hands — Self-Motivation
- Health — Lifestyle Choices
- Learn to project a clear and accurate image of Idaho 4-H Youth Development
- Develop leadership and communication skills to promote 4-H
- Meet peers from across the state and develop a network of 4-H advocates