4-H Ambassadors are youth leaders who promote 4-H using their skills, knowledge and leadership abilities. 4-H Ambassador strengthens 4-H through education, recruitment and public relations.
We recognize knowledgeable and prepared older 4-H members as the best spokespersons for 4-H. The public and key people see, hear and appreciate the success of youth members doing excellent work. Nothing supports 4-H Youth development better than this visibility.
District 4-H Ambassador Retreats are geared for younger teens (seventh grade or older). Workshops focus on life skills with a yearly theme (Head, Heart, Hands or Health).
- Northern District — Jan. 19-21, 2019, Sandpoint Organic Agriculture Center, Sandpoint, Idaho
- Central District — March 15-17, 2019, Albion Campus Retreat, Albion, Idaho
- Eastern District — April 26-27, 2019, Old School Inn, Archer, Idaho
- Southern District — Feb. 1-3, 2019, Quaker Hill Retreat Center, McCall,Idaho
Cost: $60 includes lodging, meals and workshop fees. More fees may apply for transportation.
The 2018 Summit has been cancelled.
At the Summit youth:
- Learn in workshops:
- Head — Critical Thinking
- Heart — Accepting Differences
- Hands — Self-Motivation
- Health — Lifestyle Choices
- Learn to project a clear and accurate image of 4-H Youth Development
- Develop leadership and communication skills to promote 4-H
- Meet peers from across the state and develop a network of 4-H advocates