The Ambassador program mission — 4-H Ambassadors are youth leaders who promote 4-H using their skills, knowledge and leadership abilities. 4-H Ambassador strengthens 4-H through education, recruitment and public relations.
We recognize knowledgeable and prepared older 4-H members as the best spokespersons for 4-H. The public and key people see, hear and appreciate the success of youth members doing excellent work. Nothing supports 4-H Youth development better than this visibility.
District 4-H Ambassador Retreats are geared for younger teens (seventh grade or older). Workshops focus on life skills with a yearly theme (Head, Heart, Hands or Health).
- Northern District — Jan. 18-20, 2020, Sandpoint Organic Agriculture Center, Sandpoint, Idaho
- Central District — March 13-15, 2020, Albion Campus Retreat, Albion, Idaho
- Eastern District — Feb. 28-29, 2020, Owl Inn, Bancroft, Idaho
- Southern District — Jan. 31-Feb. 2, 2020, Trinity Pines, Cascade, Idaho
The 2019 Ambassador Summit will be held Nov. 15-17, 2019 at Quaker Hill Conference Center in McCall, ID.
At the Summit youth:
- Become empowered with skills to lead for a lifetime
- Become part of a strong network of 4-H peers across Idaho
- become a National 4-H Youth Voice, Health or International Opportunity advocate
- Save the Date Flyer (PDF)
- Registration open in 4-H Online Oct. 9-Nov. 2
- Open to youth 14 years or older
- Youth rate — $125 including transportation
- Adult chaperone rate — $50 including transportation
- Scholarships may be available, contact your local 4-H office
For more information please contact Donna R. Gillespie at firstname.lastname@example.org.