Textbooks and Software
Textbook information is available on the VandalStore website, University of Idaho's bookstore.
Finding Your Books at the VandalStore
- Go to the VandalStore.
- Select Textbooks.
- Select Order Textbooks.
- Select the term.
- Select the department.
- Select the course (listed by number, section and instructor's last name).
- Select Add Course.
- After adding all of your courses, select Get Course Materials. It will list required and/or recommended books for your courses.
Finding Your Books through VandalWeb
After you have registered successfully, you will be able to link to your specific textbooks through VandalWeb. Directions to link to the VandalStore through VandalWeb using your course information are below:
- Login to VandalWeb.
- Select the Student Information/Registration Menu tab.
- Select the Registration Menu folder.
- Select Textbook Express.
- Select a semester from the drop-down list and click Submit
- Click the Submit Textbook Express Info.
- You will be taken away from VandalWeb and into the VandalStore website with the list of textbooks that are required and/or recommended for your registered courses.*
*Please note that if your instructor has not yet requested the textbook with the VandalStore, the textbook will not show up on this list.
Library services are available to Engineering Outreach students via the University of Idaho Library website.
For information, including video tutorials, about library cards and how to access materials, visit Off-Campus Access.
For more information, including contact information for the library's distance education librarian, visit Library Services for Distance Education.
Refer to the course syllabus or website for course-specific software requirements and contact the instructor if you have any questions.
A New Tool Replaces VLAB
A new tool is being implemented for students to remotely access academic applications. VLAB has been retired. Students must go to, Remote Access Lab to remotely access applications. The process to request new applications or changes to applications has not changed. View the Knowledge Base article Remote Access Lab Connection Guide for details.