Suzanna Long, Ph.D., P.E., C.P.E.M., F.ASEM, F.IISE
Suzanna Long, Ph.D., P.E.,C.P.E.M., F.ASEM, F.IISE
Janssen (JEB) 124
University of Idaho
875 Perimeter Drive, MS 0902
Moscow, Idaho 83844-0902
- Ph.D. Department of Engineering Management and Systems Engineer, 2007
- M.S. Engineering Management, 2004, University of Missouri-Rolla
- M.A. History, 1988, University of Missouri-Rolla
- B.S. Physics, 1984, University of Missouri-Rolla
- B.A. History, 1984, University of Missouri-Rolla
Suzie Long brings a wealth of experience in academic leadership, industry collaboration, successful research, external funding and strategic management to the University of Idaho College of Engineering. She began serving as dean of the college in summer 2022.
Before coming to U of I, Suzie served for seven years as professor and chair of Engineering Management and Systems Engineering at Missouri University of Science and Technology. She also led the Division of Continuing Studies as director of academic programs for Pittsburg State University, was the founding director and coordinator of the transportation-logistics program at Missouri Southern State University and a scientific and electronic records specialist with the U.S. federal government.
Suzie earned bachelor’s degrees in physics and history, a master’s degree in engineering management and a doctorate in engineering management all from the University of Missouri-Rolla, now Missouri University of Science and Technology. She also earned a master’s degree in history from the University of Missouri-St. Louis.
Suzie has published more than 140 peer reviewed journal and conference publications and 12 book chapters. Throughout her career, she has collaborated on research initiatives totaling $18 million and served as principal investigator on 22 of 44 awarded grant projects. Her research focus areas include critical infrastructure systems, strategic management and sustainable infrastructures, among others.
- Critical Infrastructure Systems
- Strategic Management
- Sustainable Infrastructures
- 2021, ASEM Bernard R. Sarchet Award, International Honor (Elected August 2021; Award Ceremony October 2021)
- 2020, IISE Fellow, International Honor (Elected February 2020; Award Ceremony October 2020)
- 2018, AASHTO Midwest Region High Value Research Project Finalist, National Honor
- 2016, Woman of the Year, Campus Award
- 2015, ASEM Fellow, International Honor
- 2015, ASEM Franklin Woodbury Award, International Honor
- 2015, ASEM World Headquarters Service Commendation Award, International Honor
- 2014, ASEM Meritorious Service Award, International Honor