Andrew Scheef, Ph.D.
Andrew Scheef, Ph.D.
875 Perimeter Drive MS 3080
Moscow, ID 83844-3080
- Ph.D., Washington State University, Special Education, 2016
- M.Ed., Washington State University, Special Education, 2010
- MALS, SUNY Stony Brook, Emphasis in Cultural Arts Education, 2000
- B.A, Ithaca College, Music Education
Andrew Scheef, Ph.D., is an assistant professor of Special Education at the University of Idaho. He has taught special education in public schools for eight years and recently completed his doctorate in Special Education at Washington State University. Scheef’s research interests focus on supporting post-school transition for students with disabilities.
As a teacher, he received a Fulbright Distinguished Award in Teaching (2013-14) that allowed him to study special education programs in Singapore designed to increase employability of youths with disabilities. Three divisions of CEC have recognized Scheef as an emerging researcher in the field of special education. He currently serves as the managing editor of the Journal of International Special Needs Education.
- Scheef, A. R., Caniglia, C., & Barrio, B. L. (In press). Disability as diversity: Perspectives of institutions of higher education in the United States. The Journal of Postsecondary Education and Disability.
- Scheef, A. R., McKnight-Lizotte, M., & Gwartney, L. (2019). Supports and resources valued by autistic students enrolled in postsecondary education. Autism in Adulthood. Advance online publication. https://doi.org/10.1089/aut.2019.0010
- Scheef, A. R. (2019). Who and what works: Supporting work experiences for students enrolled in post-secondary education programs. Journal of Policy and Practice in Intellectual Disabilities. Advance online publication. https://doi.org/10.1111/jppi.12285
- Scheef, A. R., Hollingshead, A., & Voss, C. (2019). Peer support arrangements to promote positive post-school outcomes. Intervention in School and Clinic, 54(4), 219-224. https://doi.org/10.1177/1053451218782430
- Scheef, A. R., Walker, Z. M., & Barrio, B. L. (2017). Salient employability skills for youth with intellectual and developmental disabilities in Singapore: The perspectives of job developers. International Journal of Developmental Disabilities. Advance online publication. doi: 10.1080/20473869.2017.1335479
- Scheef, A. R., Barrio, B. L., Poppen, M. I., McMahon, D., & Miller, D. (2018). Exploring barriers for facilitating work experience opportunities for students with intellectual disabilities enrolled in post-secondary education programs. The Journal of Postsecondary Education and Disability, 31, 209-224.
- Scheef, A. R., & Johnson, C. (2017). The power of the cloud: Using Google Forms to aid in transition assessment. Career Development and Transition for Exceptional Individuals. Advance online publication. doi: 2165143417700844
- Scheef, A. R., Barrio, B. L., & Poppen, M. I. (2016). Developing partnerships with businesses to support job training for youth with disabilities in Singapore. Career Development and Transition for Exceptional Individuals, 40, 156-164.