Recreation for a better quality of life.
Recreation programs are essential to the health of individuals and communities.
In this program, the only accredited recreation program in Idaho, you will discover how to help people of all ages lead active, healthy lifestyles through community recreation programs, tourism, outdoor adventure and other activities.
With the campus’s excellent student recreation facilities and Idaho’s mountains, rivers and lakes as your classroom, you will gain hands-on training and experiences in swimming, river guiding, outdoor adventure, emergencies in the wilderness, program planning and management, and much more.
This program could be a good fit if you:
- Lead an active and healthy lifestyle
- Work well with people of all ages
- Enjoy the outdoors
- Like to play sports
- Are organized and a leader
With this degree, you could become a/an:
- Recreation director for cities and communities
- Director of campus recreation
- Commercial recreation outfitter and guide
- Special event coordinator
- Parks interpreter and guide
- Tourism operator
- Supervisor of sports programs/leagues
- Aquatics director
- Activity director for cruise ships or resorts
- Administrator of after-school programs
- Activity director for a senior center
- Outdoor educator
Elementary Education, B.S.Ed.
Career & Technical Education, B.S.Ed.