Request More Information
Build a fitter, healthier America.
Inactivity and poor nutrition have led to an increasingly overweight and unhealthy U.S. population. This program prepares you to help people make positive changes in their health through better nutrition and a more active lifestyle.
In this program, you will study the human body and learn how exercise, healthy eating, and psychosocial health behaviors improve wellness and reduce chronic disease, disability, and other health issues of individuals, athletic teams and communities.
The program features the Exercise Physiology Lab and the Biomechanics Lab, where you might study metabolic rates, body composition, cardiac health, body mechanics, motor skills and other areas.
This program could be a good fit if you:
- Enjoy fitness and exercise
- Lead a healthy lifestyle
- Want to help people
- Work well with others
- Are strong in the sciences
- Have good communication skills
With this degree, you could become a/an:
- Exercise physiologist
- Cardiac or pulmonary rehabilitation specialist
- Fitness specialist
- Personal trainer
- Fitness director
- Health fitness professional
- Community health coordinator
- Health educator
- Community fitness coordinator
- Group exercise coordinator
- Director of worksite or corporate wellness
- Athletic trainer
- Athletic coach
- Research and design specialist
- Strength and conditioning coach