Promotion of Healthy, Active Lifestyles
In this program, you will acquire knowledge, leadership skills and the technical abilities to plan, implement and evaluate health and fitness programs for individuals, teams and communities. You will gain in-depth knowledge of the human body and how physical activity, healthy eating and maintaining a healthy body weight can reduce chronic disease and disability.
The program incorporates classroom teaching, hands-on learning, and service-learning projects to give you an opportunity to apply the skills you have learned in real-world and laboratory settings.
This program could be a good fit if you:
- Enjoy fitness and exercise
- Lead a healthy lifestyle
- Want to help people
- Work well with others
- Are strong in the sciences
- Have good communication skills
With this degree, you could become a/an:
- Exercise physiologist
- Cardiac or pulmonary rehabilitation specialist
- Fitness specialist
- Personal trainer
- Fitness director
- Health fitness professional
- Community health coordinator
- Health educator
- Community fitness coordinator
- Group exercise coordinator
- Director of worksite or corporate wellness
- Athletic trainer
- Athletic coach
- Research and design specialist
- Strength and conditioning coach
Elementary Education, B.S.Ed.
Secondary Education, B.S.Ed.