Teaching the benefits of health and physical activity
Share your love of health and physical activity by becoming a certified physical education teacher. Youth in kindergarten through 12th grade can benefit from your expertise in living a healthy, active lifestyle and learn how to live their best life.
Explore curriculum in movement sciences, including human nutrition and human anatomy, and be on your way to achieving a certification in K-12 physical education. Courses blend classroom teaching and hands-on learning and students may work toward additional certifications.
Wrap up an extensive program exploring exercise and human biomechanics with an internship in physical education teaching and make a lasting impact on the health of youth in America.
This program could be a good fit if you:
- Want to make a difference in the health of youth of all ages.
- Enjoy sports and physical activities.
- Want to teach others how to live healthy, active lives.
- Want a career with growth opportunities and security.
- Want a fun work environment with summer flexibility.
With this degree, you could become a/an:
- Physical education teacher
- Health education teacher
- Middle school or high school coach
- Athletic director
- Fitness specialist
- Personal trainer
- Fitness director
- Director of worksite or corporate wellness
- Strength and conditioning coach
Elementary Education, B.S.Ed.
Recreation, Sport, and Tourism Management, B.S.