Your future in physical therapy starts here
Does a future in a dynamic, challenging health care environment and being part of the teams that offer physical therapy to patients appeal to you? If you see physical therapy, occupational therapy, physician or other health-care related professions in your future, then the pre-physical therapy focus of the exercise, sport & health sciences is for you.
This program includes the scope of movement sciences, including human anatomy and physiology, human nutrition and athletic injury in combination with the electives of your choice to tailor the degree to your skills and interests. Combining classroom teaching, hands-on learning and service-learning experiences, you’ll graduate with real-world skills that give you a competitive edge in graduate applications and career pathways.
This program could be a good fit if you:
- Want to enter graduate school for a health-related profession.
- Have a holistic view of the human body.
- Enjoy interacting with and helping other people manage their health.
- Are interested in biomedical and clinical research.
- Sciences are your strong suit.
With this degree, you could become a/an:
- Physical therapist
- Physical therapy aide
- Occupational therapist
- Physician assistant
- Athletic trainer
- Exercise physiologist
- Fitness specialist
- Cardiac or pulmonary rehabilitation specialist
- Personal trainer
- Fitness director
- Director of worksite or corporate wellness
- Strength and conditioning coach
- Other health professional
Exercise, Sport, and Health Sciences, B.S.